I'm a Christian, and there's ghosts in my house. I am positive that they aren't demons?

Okay, so I'm a christian. I'm supposed to believe that ghosts don't exist, and that any paranormal activity is just demons. Problem is, these ghosts aren't evil and they don't try to scare us. What I'm supposed to say when there's something freaky going on is just "Satan in Jesus's name be gone", but what's freaky is that alot of the time something freaky is going on and I'm positive someone is in the room with me, and I say that phrase, it doesn't go away. That's how I know they aren't demons. The land I'm living on is where supposedly an old farmhouse used to stand, because there's a few ruins in our back yard. This is an old farm plot, but the house isn't that old because it was built in the 1970s. Everyone in my house is a Christian and we all go to church and love God. I love God alot and talk to him often. My mom is clairvoyant and she's the one that tells me about the ghosts. She sees the same ones all the time, and I know she's not lying because my nine year old sister is also clairvoyant. They cant see the future or anything, but they see things that me and my dad can't. My sister doesn't know that the things she sees are ghosts, she thinks it'z just her imagination. My mom told me about the ghosts she sees, even though she really doesn't like talking about it. I'll describe the ghosts that she sees:

- a Lady with long blonde hair like my mom's, but doesn't look exactly like my mom

- two men that look about the same age

- two children, (a boy and a girl that look like brother and sister)

My mom's only ever told me about tue ghosts, but my sister sometimes sees things that she thinks are her imagination. One time me and my sister were home by ourselves and we were watching tv. My mom wasn't home, and (our house is rly open and we were upstairs on the loft at this time) my sister randomly goes "momma!". I looked at her and said "kelsey, mom's not home.". And she said "but I just saw her. She was walking up the stairs.". At this point, I simply stared at her like she was a loon. " Oh...um. Wait a minute, momma didn't have her hair pulled back in a pony tail, and when I called her she looked at me and she looked kind of different.". My sister said. She just chocked it up to it being her imagination, and when I told mom about it she acted funny. I didn't know about the ghosts then, but I did think there was something weird about the house. There was another time when my little sister, when she was about seven, was frightened because she woke up and saw a boy and a girl standing over her. My dad doesn't believe any of this. I can't see the ghosts, but I hear them. I hear voices at night, and things like that. My parents bedroom wall is by the basement stairwell, and one night she heard a lady's voice guiding children up the stairs. She also heard the children's voices. My dad heard the same thing, but he thought it was his imagination. So, can anyone tell me whats going on from a Christian perspective?

Favorite Answer

You can believe in God and accept that there are "ghosts" in the world as well. I haven't found anything in the bible that states "Do not believe in ghosts". I grew up with an Italian mother and Irish father in a strict Catholic home, and religion was something that was part of our daily life. So when the television would turn on by itself, or the kitchen cabinets would open by themselves, or items on my dresser would fly across the room, I freaked. I, too, tried to cast out the evil spirits, but nothing changed. One day I decided to talk with whoever was there. I told them that I lived here now, and that this is my home. They were welcome to stay but they needed to leave me alone and stop playing with things and trying to scare me or get my attention. I also told them to protect our home and not to let evil pass. Everything stopped after that. When I told people, many thought I was crazy, except my parents. As religious as my parents are, they knew that something or someone else was in our home and that me talking directly to them made a difference. The link below has some good information on different types of hauntings:

http://ghosts-hauntings.suite101.com/article.cfm/h...

Some people don't understand, or are afraid. Brush off their comments, you know what's truly going on in your home :) Good luck!

My girlfriend has had the same dreams and her son had a "waking" dream of the same nature, where the demons are laughing at us. I know in my heart it is true and we unknowingly invite such. I've lead a rough life of immorality, though to look at me u would not know it. I am getting baptised soon, due to a growing personal relationship w/ Jesus Christ. Personal, mind u. I let judging of other people's failings to be perfect, keep me away from Jesus for too many decades. It is always a great addition to a relationship, to seek Jesus together and try to find a strong, teaching church. It doesn't have to be big or small, rich or poor. Try not to judge or make fun, just try to have an open mind. (Often, those proclaiming no Christian faith because they have an "open mind" are the very ones who are judging God by falible people and thus keeping a closed mind). But the key is, I have strong times of prayer and still have demon "claws" in me. I can tell when I am being blocked from being the loving father and bf and leader to my employees and the kids around my house. It is like I'm just not able to be me, sometimes. So I am getting baptised and continuing my growth. I can tell major changes in everyone around me, when they don't have their clutches in me. Pray for both of yourselves, asking for forgiveness and angelic protection. Rebuke the demons, in your mind and outloud, Jesus gave us this right and power, but bear in mind that you need to get to know Jesus personally and continue seeking His presence. It is sometimes hardest for intelligent people, especially in the sciences, to admit there is so much more than meets the eye. On the other hand, it doesn't take many brain cells to understand that we don't know squat, lol. U have a right and reason to be worried and upset. U may consider having his apt. annointed w/ blessed oil. I have seen it done and when the kids particularly troubled friends came over, lol, they suddenly were not real comfortable inside and stood around out by the street. Blessings, all is possible w/ the Lord! Now kick em out and live a happy, blessed life.

• Whenever I see a question about someone freaking out about ghosts, I get a taste of why atheists are so mean to theists on here. The stupidity is just maddening.

Dont worry if there not harming you and them to share there wisdom and can you help them to cross into paradise. Thank them for protecting their home and sweetly ask them to leave. When they do you yourself can please the house with holy oil and open every door and window and ask all shadows to leave by the power of Abba the Father says you come home for your family is waiting on you and bless yourself and each other. Touch the walls the doorseverytihing. Rememeber Abba the Holy Father is all powwwwerful and all love he doesnt not destroye or can be destroyed. loveloli31

Where does it say ghosts don't exist....?

edit: I don't believe in ghosts, I'm just saying, I don't remember that verse in the bible.

edit: To all atheists saying things like "see what christianity does to people?" and "ghosts are as real as gods are" you all sound stupid. It's a widely claimed theory that ghosts are energy forms. A lot of atheists believe in ghosts, not just Christians. You all sound stupid saying things like that...

• Rick

See what christianity does to people? I'm really concerned that people allow themselves to get this far gone. It's sad.

Is there a summary statement?

ghosts aren't real any more than gods are.

Ok, so, why there are so many new "ok, so Christians" on Y/A?

do you always talk so damn much?