Is there any such book?

I wanna know if there are any high quality (means well-written) books on successful business women (yes, females), how a woman build her empire from ground zero, with or without real-life reference. (If it is a novel then it can be entirely fictional but shouldn't be far-off)

It doesn't necessarily have to be books, Documentaries, movies, novels & biographies are all preferred category.

It can be fictional but can not be surreal, so sci-fi novels shouldn't be posted as a reply. Also the story must took place later than 1990. It call tell something that may happen in 2011 for example, but still, must be realistic.

Can anyone come up with some?

Favorite Answer

When I read your question, I automatically think of Erin Brockovich. She is a legal clerk who had an instrumental hand in putting a case (and winning) against the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) in CA in 1993, despite her lack of formal Law education. I'm sure there are hundreds of books on her- biogrophies, autobiographies, as well as interviews she's had. There was also a movie based on her case against PG&E, starring Julia Roberts. I'm sure you may have heard of it.

Go to the library and see what you can find. You can also watch the movie if you want to; it's a good one.

I read a book called 'My Summer of Southern Discontent' or something like that. I don't really recall. It was about a woman who worked for the DA's office in one of the Carolina's (Sorry, it really didn't make such a good impression. Not my cup of tea). She's struggling dealing with mistakes she made on the way to the top. It was a decent story and concept but I didn't think it was well done.