How to deal with my daughter being embarrassed because I'm fat?

I'm 5/4 and weigh about 230lbs. My kindergarten-aged daughter has never mentioned anything about my weight until she was teased by a few friends at school. So now, there is parent/child function coming up and she asked that I not join in because she's going to get teased. Aside from feeling upset w/ myself... show more I'm 5/4 and weigh about 230lbs. My kindergarten-aged daughter has never mentioned anything about my weight until she was teased by a few friends at school. So now, there is parent/child function coming up and she asked that I not join in because she's going to get teased. Aside from feeling upset w/ myself because she's feeling this way because of me...I sat her down and told her about loving a person because of who they are not what they are (using relatives and friends as examples), I still feel as if more should be said or done. Any suggestions?
Update: I'm 5/4 and weigh about 230lbs. My kindergarten-aged daughter has never mentioned anything about my weight until she was teased by a few friends at school. So now, there is parent/child function coming up and she asked that I not join in because she's going to get teased. Aside from feeling upset w/ myself... show more I'm 5/4 and weigh about 230lbs. My kindergarten-aged daughter has never mentioned anything about my weight until she was teased by a few friends at school. So now, there is parent/child function coming up and she asked that I not join in because she's going to get teased. Aside from feeling upset w/ myself because she's feeling this way because of me...I sat her down and told her about loving a person because of who they are not what they are (using relatives and friends as examples), I still feel as if more should be said or done. Any suggestions? Should I go to the event w/ her or spare her the embarrassment?
5 answers 5