If I get sick right after getting a vaccine, will the vaccine still be effective?

Two days ago, I got both the H1N1 vaccine and the Tdap booster (haven't had a tetanus shot in a decade). I felt fine at the time, but within 26 hours or so I started getting sinus symptoms, and now ~45 hours later I've got a full-on cold (probably I caught something from someone at the clinic!). I'm wondering if my immune system is now so taxed fighting this cold that it's not going to bother gaining the immunity to the four diseases for which I got vaccines. Anyone know?

And just to clarify, I know the vaccines didn't make me sick. I simply caught a run-of-the-mill cold, and am wondering if that is interfering with my immune system learning to fight H1N1, tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis.

Favorite Answer

The shots will work just fine. Your immune system is normally dealing with multiple infection. It does it so well you don't even notice.

It could be that your not usted to it but win i get 2 or 3 shots i pass out