So... tell me about Egyptian Cotton?

Ok, so, for our CC class, we have a bogus project to research a rare type of fabric, and make a project from it. I picked egyptian cotton (stupid me).

How soft is egyptian cotton? How breathable and cool is it? Is it softer than silk? What does it feel like to the touch? Where can you buy plain white Egyptian cotton (not comforter sets)? I know there's online retailers who try to pedal off 1000-count fabrics, but are they rip-offs? What kind of stores can I buy the cotton from? I want to make a pillowcase for my project, one of the plainest, easiest projects to make.

Thank you.

• Best Answer

okay, i may be able to help you out, as i bought my husband some egyptian cotton sheets.

it is softer than regular cotton, not as soft as fleece.

it is very cool and breathable.

it's not softer than silk, but it is a completely different class. it's still cotton, but a softer type.

to the touch, it's like a cotton ball. it's very soft.

if you mean just sheets, you can find them at most malls, especially around the holidays. certain department stores sell them. if you mean fabric, you can find it at most fabric stores.

there's scams in every department. the best way to find out is to see if the site looks legit, see what they ask for in ways of payment, i never use sites that ask for the 800 number on your credit card because they don't need to know that, also, ask others on yahoo if they've use the site. 1000 count fabrics are real, that's what my sheets are. you're best bet is to go to a local fabric shop so you can feel the fabric.

like i said, if you want sheets, you can go to the malls, if you want fabric, try a local fabric shop.

for making a pillow case, the easiest thing to do is get the pillow and lay it on the fabric. fold the fabric over the pillow and cut the excess from the sides and the top. sew the sides together. then the top will be left open. you can fold the sides of the top down and sew them if you want.

Is Egyptian Cotton Soft

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

So... tell me about Egyptian Cotton?

How soft is egyptian cotton? How breathable and cool is it? Is it softer than silk? What does it feel like to the touch? Where can you buy...

Source(s): egyptian cotton: https://shortly.im/wXPLn
  • Sandra

If it is, he is a very clever man because he has been dead for well over 3,000 years. I visited his tomb last November and he was not moving about at that time. You have to remember that he was a king and would not soil his hands with menial work.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avKEz

You might want to check what else your brother has told you. It seems to me that he would definitely lie to you every chance he got.