How to connect PC screen to DVD?

I've asked this before but think I need a little more detail in my question. Basically, I want to connect a DVD player to a PC screen. I want to do this because my computer DVD player doesn't work, and neither does my TV screen, so it seems like a logical way to overcome this and save some space along the... show more I've asked this before but think I need a little more detail in my question. Basically, I want to connect a DVD player to a PC screen. I want to do this because my computer DVD player doesn't work, and neither does my TV screen, so it seems like a logical way to overcome this and save some space along the way.

The DVD player, as far as i'm aware has a standard DVD to TV connection as well as what I believe are called RCA connection sockets: little red, white and yellow chaps, and an orange one with PCM/DTS/MPEG COAXIAL written around it. Whatever this means.

The PC monitor is quite old: it has a standard PC to screen connection plus a DVI-1 cable hanging loose with nine pins, nine pins, one pin.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not good when it comes to electronics, as you can probably tell. Oh and I live in the UK, don't know if this makes a difference at all.

Cheers!