Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Ohio knife carrying laws?

I've looked all over and can't find an up to date version of the knife laws in Ohio, I'd like to carry a knife - I don't live in such a good neighborhood. Basically, I want to know if I can get in trouble for carrying a (not a folding knife, just a regular knife) knife in a sheath on my hip where it is in plain sight so that I have some form of protection when I go for a walk.

Also, if you could give me a link to an updated version of the law so that I can read it over, thank you. :]

Or a folded knife, either one, actually.

Favorite Answer

Ohio ~~

You are here: Home > State Knife Laws > Ohio. Ohio - 2923.12. [prohibits carry and ... furnish to any other person other than a law enforcement. agency for authorized ...

http://www.thebladeshop.com/Ohio_s/495.htm - Cached

I dont know about ohio but in most states if the blade is smaller than your palm its legal i moved from pensylvania to washington state and the law was the same. Also in virginia new jersey and delaware as far as i know unless the law was changed or i was told the wrong answer when i asked my family that lives in each state. I own quite a few and i like to feel safe ever since a knife was pulled.on me so i always ask