Devin E asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

online ACH payment put me over the limit, please help!?

I recently recieved a credit card from capital one. I have a line of $500 credit, and have been making transactions but have also been paying them off. recently I have made a couple transactions that have put me close to my limit but certainly not over it. I checked the account online today and it said it was over the available credit limit so i checked the recent transactions and saw that there was an "online returned ACH" payment for $100 which ut me over the limit. What does that mean and how do i fix it? Will this hurt my credit score?

Favorite Answer

Ach means automated Clearing House and returned means it was reversed.Put it together and we know you made a payment from your checking account to your capital one card. When Capital One went to your bank, they refused payment and Capital one reversed your ach transaction. If you did not have the money in your checking and made a $100 payment, you are out of luck. If you had the $100 payment and it should have gone through, contact your bank and dispute the return. If they messed up they can send a letter to you for Capital One on letterhead.

Source(s): I am a banker!
  • ?

Returned Online Ach Payment

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I recently recieved a credit card from capital one. I have a line of $500 credit, and have been making transactions but have also been paying them off. recently I have made a couple transactions that have put me close to my limit but certainly not over it. I checked the account online today and it...

Source(s): online ach payment put limit help: https://tr.im/2C9vg

Capital One is evil.

This is a good question

• annis

I was asking myself about this as well

Not sure about this