Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 decade ago

Adjusting a Throttle Position Sensor Yamaha R1?

When adjusting the TPS on a '99 R1, I know the TPS must be plugged in and the key must be on. I know the bike tells you which way to adjust the TPS via the tachometer.

But in order to install the TPS, you must remove the carbs, so I imagine they still have to remain off while adjusting the TPS. Am I correct? Or is the TPS like a tilt motion sensor (when you move the throttle cables, it tilts the TPS one way or another), and the TPS must be adjusted with the carbs on and completely upright?

Favorite Answer

No, the TPS isn't affected by position. It won't care which direction it's pointed. All they are is a rheostat-potentiometer. If you ever played with a Lionel toy train and turned the lever to make it go faster, then you got the idea of how it works.

• rhein

Yamaha Throttle Position Sensor

Try this page.http://www.angelfire.com/ia/z/FZ1manualTPS.htm it's different to my Beamer