what kind of web designer would you hire?

let's say you want to have a website, and you would like to hire someone to make it, so you need a web designer and a web developer. So would you hire one designer($500) and one developer($500), OR, hire a person ($1000) who know both design and programming?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

In my experience, the best people to hire are the ones that know both design and programming.

I have attempted to hire a designer who was paying a developer, and it was a mess. It took forever for them to get back to me, and once they did, they both would tell me two entirely different things.

I have used a woman who is efficient in both design and programming, and it was a great experience.

However, that is just my opinion.

But, I would think that the person who is skilled in both would be best regardless.

Sometimes people aren't the best communicators, and at least the designer/ developer would know what they are wanting to do in their head instead of having to communicate their ideas to yet another person.

Either way, don't settle for anything! Make sure the people you choose allow you to have all the bells and whistles you want, as well as any graphics (and as many drafts) as you want!! Don't let them put limits onto your requests for change!!

Good Luck!

• 10 years ago

$1,000?

As the owner of a web hosting and development site, I see everyday people that are more capable of building their own site.

Yes it does depend on what kind of site you need, but if you need just a standard website, there are many sites that come with pre-installed or one-click-to-install programs to help you build a website from the ground up, or you can pick from thousands of templates that you can customize yourself...

...or...

... on my site, you can have a developer build your site. We have packages that start at $250.00 (which includes web hosting and domain registration fees).

If you were going to hire someone as you mentioned in your question, I would go with one person. Having two people work on a site sounds like it would be done twice as fast, but that's not the case. Even for programming simple things like forms on the site, the programmer can't do much until the design is complete... then it has to be able to fit into whatever was designed, and there would have to be a way to keep the communication good between the three, and... eh that could turn in to a mess fast.

One person would be able to simply get the site started and finished from start to finish.

Hope that helped. If you want, feel free to hit me up directly at brandon@bestdamnwebsites.com or visit my site below.

Source(s): www.bestdamnwebsites.com
  • mike
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Depends on the relationship you build. Its possible to get a one person solution to do all your web work but based on the project it may take them more time then you would like and a team would need to be established.

In other words one person may be enough 2 might double the work speed lessen the work load. Like said earlier its how well you work together and skill because you may hire 2 but they may be unprofessional so shop around for a fit.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Web design involves the structure of the website including the information architecture (navigation schemes and naming conventions), the layout or the pages (wireframes or page schematics are created to show consistent placement of items including functional features), and the conceptual design with branding. Check here http://www.designz23.com/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

your other option is learn to do it yourself as daunting as it sounds its not all that difficult if you are willing to learn and have the time to do so.

I was looking for someone to build my website for me but could get anything within my budget so I turned to doing it myself. First you will need to learn the basics once you have those down the rest becomes very easy.

Check out my website linked below, once you sign up you will find a video series taking you step by step through the process along with a ebook, there are also a few downloadable tools you can use all for free.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

We are a professional digital agency focused on providing creative and results-driven solutions.

Innonline Solution was founded in 2012 by Mr. Ryan Yung, a young entrepreneur who has an incredible passion for Web Design and Development, Web Hosting, Internet Marketing and Project Management. What started as a one-person business, Innonline Solution has become one of the premier and most professional Website Design Company in Brunei; working for a wide-range of clients from start-ups to Small and Medium Businesses.

Here’s what we can do for you:

ü Web design and development

ü Banner ad and logo design

ü Web Hosting

ü Website maintenance and updates

Are you ready to bring your brand to even greater heights?

What are you waiting for?

Contact us now for a FREE WEB DESIGN MOCK-UP!

To learn more, feel free to email us at ryan@innonlinesolution.com or chat with us via Skype (innonlinesolution). You may also visit our website at www.innonlinesolution.com for more information.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Actually, we (my husband and I) hired just one person; http://www.calmestghost.com/ that takes care of everything we could possibly need, if need be he brings in extra help, but we only have to consult with and pay him, it's very convenient. I'd recommend looking for something like that.

Good Luck.

Thanks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.