What to pack on a camping trip?

I'm going on a week camping trip and I need a list of things to pack. Like clothes, food, ect.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Map

Compass

First aid kit

Flashlight

Matches in waterproof case (get the hard wooden stick kind of matches.. not the cheap matchbook kind)

Swiss Army or utility knife

Tent

Rain Suit

Extra Clothing ( Depending on conditions )

Good boots

Watch

Food

Water

Eating / Cooking utensils

Sunglasses ( essential for travel in snow at high altitudes )

Insect repellent

Sunscreen

Toilet Paper

BEER

• Joel
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm involved with a university club that does a lot of hiking and other things, and we've got some notes on what to take at http://aumc.asn.au/gear/hiking.shtml .

It will depend a lot on where you're going. Will you need to carry all of your water for the week? Will fresh water be available? Will you need a water filter? What will the temperature be like? You'll need to make sure you have the right clothes, tent and sleeping bag for the conditions. In very cold places you may need more food.

A map and compass are pretty much essential. A GPS on its own isn't very useful, nor is a mobile phone if you don't have any coverage. A basic, cheap two way radio may be a good idea if you are going somewhere remote, particularly if your group gets split up. Have fun!

• 1 decade ago

Sleeping bag, tent, food, clothes, anything needed for like a special condition or something, a lamp, maybe a good book, books on plants and wild life animals just in case. Pretty much. I guess...

• 1 decade ago

A tent, Clothes, Toiletries (tooth brush, etc.) flashlight, BUG REPELLENT, air mattress/sleeping pad, sleeping bag, hiking boots, warm clothing, a towel, a lantern, and plenty of Graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.