90's baby asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 years ago

Good quality makeup brands that don't test on animals?

Ok so I've grown attached to Covergirl, but then I learned that they test on animals. I'm pretty shocked and now I want to switch to another brand that does not test on animals but I don't know what brand to use. I still want good quality makeup too, especially eye makeup.

Please help.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

ALmay

Amazing Cosmetics

Avalon Natural Products

Aveda

Avon

Bath & Body Works

Bobbi Brown

The Body Shop

Bonne Bell

Carma Laboratories

Chanel

Clarins of Paris

Clinique Laboratories

Crabtree & Evelyn Cosmetics

Duprey Cosmetics

Earth 2 Jane

E.L.F. Cosmetics

Estée Lauder

Flirt!

Freeman Cosmetics

Garden Botanika

Hard Candy

Jane Cosmetics

Jason Natural Cosmetics

Juice Beauty, Inc.

Kate Spade Beauty

La Mer

M.A.C. Cosmetics

mark

Mary Kay

Merle Norman

Origins

Physicians Formula

Prescriptives

Prestige Cosmetics

Purity Cosmetics

Revlon

Smashbox Cosmetics

Smith & Vandiver

Stila Cosmetics

Tom’s of Maine

Too Faced Cosmetics

Townley Cosmetics

Ultima II

Urban Decay

Victoria’s Secret

wet n wild

• 10 years ago

Aromaleigh and Fyrinnae both make really awesome eye shadows in fantastic colors and neither test on animals. Fyrinnae products are also completely vegan as well. While they are both online only stores, they sell sample sizes which are quite affordable so you can try out lots of different colors before you buy the full size products. They both offer a good selection of blushes. Fyrinnae makes fantastic lip stick like products called lip lustres and Aromaleigh has a whole line of foundations in every color imaginable. If you decide to get any of either companies very sparklie eye shadows and want to make sure the sparklies stick all day long, get some Pixie Epoxy from Fyrinnae.

• Ang3l
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Urban Decay make up is very good quality and also is against animal cruelty. It is a little bit more expensive than your normal make up brands such as Rimmel or Maybelline but its worth it.

Also I have heard that MAC does not test on animals either though im not 100% sure about this one. It is a very good brand though, if a bit expensive, especially their eyeshadows, paint pots and brushes.

The Body Shop is also another option that definitly does not test on animals.

Hope this helps

• 10 years ago

Honey, Cover Girl is not good quality makeup. It's full of additives and chemicals, that's why the make sure animals don't have reactions to the products before they market them. Anyway, i like bare minerals, Orginis, and prescriptives. I also love MAC, NARS, benefit, and Chanel.

For drugstore products I like Revlon or l'oreal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Max Factor Make-Up

• 10 years ago

It's a good thing I saw this question...I have the perfect answer! Femme Couture. You can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply. You don't need a license for it so that's a good thing!

Lots of love, :)

~Britney

• 10 years ago

Found this great list... scroll to the bottom and you'll find tons

http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/companiesDontTe...

The main ones I use are Tarte and Bare Escentuals. I think I saw Revlon on the list too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.