My Alpine CDE-102 reads DC error, I disconnected all speakers and still get the error HELP!?

Alpine deck reads DC Error, plays no sound; looked it up and it is caused by a speaker not getting a ground. Speakers are wired by me, so I checked both ends and all were wired correctly with no problems, still was getting DC Error, I disconnected all making sure none were touching each other ( again on both ends) or metal around them. I'm still getting the error :( any ideas?

Favorite Answer

The fault is caused whenever a speaker lead is grounded to the vehicle chassis or other ground, not because it isn't grounded. First make absolutely sure that none of the speaker wires are grounding out. The best way is from the from the head unit side with a multimeter. Set the meter to read the lowest resistance scale (ohms), ground the negative meter lead, and probe the positive lead to each speaker wire. If you find a low resistance, repair or replace the wire.

Inside the faceplace near the bottom left, there's a little recessed pushbutton. Remove the faceplace and with a straightened out paper clip, tip of a ballpoint pen, or similar object, press the button for about 1-2 seconds. Then go into the "audio settings" and set POWER IC to POW ON. If this fails to work, the unit is probably defective.

• kimber

Alpine Stereo

hahahha,,,,damn good... (Friday) NOTICE-I, R.D. Jones is a housekeeper and has smashed Mrs Kelly who was sewing my telephone is going cheap. My telephone was disconnected till yesterday. Please call 555-0707 and ask for sewing machine who lives with me after 7pm,,,, lol