Show of the Week: Little Feat?

This is week 55 of my Show of the Week, for those that are interested in past weeks there are links on my profile. I try to post one free to download show a week, ideally from a different band every week. I aim for Thursdays, usually around lunch time. I do my best to include a wide range of genres and try to get shows of good sound quality (but might make the occasional exception for a classic show).

this weeks show:

Little Feat

July 19, 1973

http://www.archive.org/details/lf1973-07-19.flacf

MQ: How did you like the show?

cowboy neil- you just pushed the wrong button on me. i was a little quick to get offended at a good natured joke. lets put that little disagreement behind us.

Favorite Answer

Awww! I had tickets to see them in 1977 or 78 but Lowell George got sick the day of the show and they canceled. Never did get to see them :(

Will have to come back to listen to the show... TV is on.

**edit**

Next day...

What fabulous Friday morning music!!! No one's here at work, and I've got a bunch of mindless stuff to do, so...

Just passed Willin' and moved onto Cold Cold Cold and I knew I had to write!

How do I like the show? It's GREAT!!!

First of all, it's okay to put clean fingers in and check. I've had 3 home births and checked myself with each of them. I did have a midwife, but there's nothing wrong with checking your own body. Second, yes it could be pressure from the head, which may or may not indicate labor. With baby #2 I was 50% effaced almost 5cm dilated and -1 FOR A MONTH! I felt like I was walking with a head betweeen my legs the entire time. He came two weeks late. I know you want to be on your feet and move things along, but I learned the hard way you need to do the opposite. Having that constant pressure doesnt hurry things, it just irritates your uterus. When you fell that way, lay down and rest a little instead, I did this with my 3rd and I was much more relaxed and prepared when I did go into labor. You've come this far, a couple more days won't break you ;-) Good luck!

• vtd288

I loved that show! I have a bootleg for Little Feat called "Live at the Santa Monica Civic" from 1974 that has some of the same songs plus songs off of "Feats Don't Fail Me Now". They were a great live band!

• I love the link and I am a huge Little Feat fan - I play Waiting For Columbus and Feats Don't Fail Me Now all the time.

Ha, I found out about this band because in the movie What A Girl Wants, Colin Firth's character (stodgy upper class British dude) tells Amanda Bynes's character (his long lost free spirited American daughter) that his favorite band is Little Feat.

Having fun with it so far, I like them because unlike some of their contemporaries they seem to have held off from making those 20-30 minute long live jam songs. Those wear on me after a while.

----------

There's something amok with Cold, Cold, Cold.

Source(s): That's right. I saw What A Girl Wants. What!

I have always heard good things about Little Feat, but never got into them. High quality blues-rock and it makes for a good listen.

Great tune and Little Feat were a very good band, I really like their musi

take care

dave

RIP Lowell George

We might disagree on Mexicans, but you dig Feat, so you're the MAN!

MQ: Lowell George is one of the most underrated guiatrists ever. Great show, great band, always loved them.

I am absolutely lovin' it at the moment! I'm not quite through, but I doubt it's going to go downhill at the tippy end. My brother turned me on to Little Feat when I was about 12 years old and I've loved them ever since.

Great choice, thanks!