partition wall and washing machine moving?

Interested in buying a property (uk, wiltshire), but there at least a couple of jobs to do, and not sure about how much budget to consider for them.

Can I have a rough idea of:

- how much it can cost to build a simple (just dividing purposes, the cheapest one is fine) internal wall, standard height, approx 7 feet wide, to divide a family/play room into a study and laundry room?

Both materials and labour, because I am not diy at all :(

-create a new connection for washing machine and tumble dryer in the new laundry room (the current washing machine is in the kitchen, approx. 3-4 metres away)

I know that it depends on many factors (esp. the second job) but just an idea would be great!

thanks!

Favorite Answer

Federica, it shouldn't cost much for the amount of work you say. Iwould estimate about a days work for the partition and depending on the water services, say another half a day. Plus of course the materials. I'd say in the region of £300-350 give or take a few pounds. Hope that helps. I live in Bristol or I'd do it for you.