Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

What is the ultimate diet pill that is legal by the FDA, and really works, and something I can convince?

at least one out of four physicians to maybe prescribe for me for weight loss. I am currently taking generic phendimetranzine er 105 mg capsules once a day. I paid $28 as medicaid did not cover this. But I have $7,000 back pay plus, and more money from monthly checks and from grants from my college. And I wants something legal to take for a few months to erase my appetite so I can get down to 180 pounds. I believe I could find a nice girlfriend with my low disability income. One that is a little chubby, in her 20's, white, and maybe wanting to marry and have two kids. So I need to get in better shape to attract my female of my desire. I have the baby face and blue eyes to allow many females to ignore me living at my adopted moms house and not driving. But I am rambling. Please give me any advice on an FDA approved pill to ask for. Could I get despxyn in 5 mg. tablets 15 mg. a day for three months? And how much would it cost if a physician would be willing to over look the stigma of it being real methamphetamine?

Mathew my mom will flip but I have the money for two month of it if a doctor would prescirbe it. If not I will stay with what I have. Anything is better than nothing. Thanks for the help.

Favorite Answer

I found out the cost of Desoxyn in US dollars for 1 month of three 5 mg tablets (that is the only strength made), the estimation was about S400 and I really doubt medicaid will pay for it.

Desoxyn is, to give you the answer, the absolute most powerful stimulant, period and would produce the greatest results.

Medication is OK but it must be used as part of a comprehensive programme of working out and eating better. The Desoxyn alone will likely cause weight loss without you doing a thing but it will burn out and if you gained the weight from anything except a medical condition or medication you will almost certainly gain it all back. And don't expect getting really high doses, 60 mg is absolute most extreme, it is almost never prescribed, and ONLY for narcolepsy.

Weight loss drugs are intended as a catalyst, the big push to start you on your way.

But no matter what I can't possibly imagine you getting it prescribed. It is actually one of the rare cases where the medical community DOES not prescribed for one of its FDA approved indications, exogenous obesity. It is also approved for ADHD, which it is prescribed for. But it is far more accepted in treating narcolepsy, which it is clinically proven to treat, just not FDA approved and for the most part using it for extremely severe treatment resistant depression is acceptable.

So you are trying to get a drug most doctors have never heard of, a drug rarely prescribed, a drug with the most extreme stigma, for a condition most doctors would never treat with it.

And if you see a GP I really doubt it would ever happen, it is really only proper for a psychiatrist, neurologist, or endocrinologist to prescribe however a GP could take over prescribing after the specialist prescribes. That is not to say that a GP can't legally prescribe (he can, even a dermatologist can) but it is not proper in the same way an allergist should not be prescribing morphine.

What you have, phendimetrazine, is pretty strong stuff and it is a schedule III drug in The US. Most weight loss drugs (that are commonly used) are weaker schedule IV drugs.

Source(s): I am a medical student (M.D., C.M.) at a university in Montréal, QC, Canada for psychiatry and internal medicine. I have a Hons. BSc in pharmacology and I have interned with two psychiatrists and one neurologist. I have also worked as a pharmacy assistant.
  • Sheryl

Diet pills are not good for you and can destroy your body. Also, as soon as you stop taking them, the weight will come back plus some. The best bet for losing weight and keeping it off is to start constricting calorie intake, eat smaller portions, and exercise lots. You have to make a lifestyle change to be healthy. If you are not ready to do that, then you're not ready to lose the weight. Don't put yourself or who you choose to marry in a box. You do not HAVE to be 180 to find a good woman. Don't say that your love-to-be is going to be this, this, and this.. if you limit yourself to one type of person then you can miss out on someone else who could have been good for you. Love is not about looks. You need to start accepting yourself how you are.. if you don't love yourself, then you can't love someone else and make them happy. You said you wanted to marry someone, have 2 kids, etc.. First off, if a woman senses that you have expectations of things like that straight off in the relationship, it can scare them off. You don't want to come on too strong. In addition, you said you were on disability and live with your mother. Realistically, you do not have the income to support a family. If you are handicapped, there are still jobs you can work without having to use your body. You need to be self sufficient before you can support someone else.

Exercise in the morning to speed up weight loss

• Monica

beware of hidden sugars

matthew is right. diet and exercise is the best way. diet pills are very dangerous for you. they raise your heart rate as the primary way to help you burn more calories. another common type of diet pill makes you lose water weight. with these, as soon as you get off of your diet pill you will put the weight back on.

There is no "ultimate" diet pill. None has ever been associated with long-term weight control at all.

The mix of cardio and toning five times a week will keep metabolism humming

I concur with the above authors but if you are interested in an affordable pharmaceutical to help, then you may consider phentermine 15 - 37.5 mg daily if your physician is okay with it and you are a candidate for this agent.

• Shawn

Better to prepare slow to eat foods like hot soups whole fruites etec

having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism