關於美簽HOME REIDENCE REQUIREMENT
各位請問一下關於J-1簽證HRR(HOME REIDENCE REQUIREMENT)的問題
What restrictions do I have if I am subject to the two-year home
Until this requirement is met, the J-1 Exchange Visitor is NOT ELIGIBLE for the
• H-1B (temporary worker) visa;
• L (intra company transferee) visa;
• K (fiancé/e) visa;
• Adjustment of Status to permanent residence (green card); or
• a change of status inside the U.S. to any other non-immigrant classification
except A (diplomats and dependents) or G (representative to international
- GaryLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
In answering your questions:
1. The last one mean if you are subject to the two-year home residence requirement, you can't change your visa in the United States except A and G.
For example, you can't change J-1 to a Student Visa (F-1 or M-1) in the United States. You must do it outside United States.
2. Not all people are subject to this requirement. Please the following (and contact your sponsoring organization) to determine if you are subject to or not:
Usually, most J-1 Visa holders don't fall under this requirement. However, even they are subject to such, a waiver can be requested.