Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 10 years ago

Do you beleive in "Sexual Addiction?"?

This question is based off of Tiger Woods and I'm sure that this question has been asked many times, but I am curious to see your answers.

Personally, I think this "sex addiction" is a sorry excuse for his cheating. I love sex. Almost everyone does. But there is a thing called self-control. No matter how much I wanna jump the bones of a hot guy at the gym, or get with a friend, if I have a boyfriend, I will be faithful to him. I have no problem with that either.

So, if someone cheats, are they considered with having a "sex addiction."

I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts on this though. =]

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Tiger Woods is just a pusssy who won't own up to his mistakes.

On the other hand, there are people who have been through traumatic experiences and have sex to compensate for their loss. Like girls with "daddy issues" or women who have been raped. I went to a support group for women who have been sexually assaulted. Half of them haven't had sex in years, while the other half were sleeping with anything that walked. So yes, I think there is such a thing.

I DO!!, although I don't know what it's like to be a sex addict, I do believe that some people suffer from Sexual Addiction. We might all just LOVE sex, but Sexual Addiction is a different thing, and that's why it's called ADDICTION. I believe that just like people can be addicted to drugs, they can also be addicted to sex.. :)

HOWEVER.. that doesnt justify that Tiger Woods cheated on his wife. Personally, if I was a sex addict, I would only screw my hubby!! All day & all night!! LMAO!!

He's not a sex addict, everyone likes it. Having an orgasm is hardly the worst thing you could do to your body. He's got a marital problem, but that doesn't go well with conservative stake owners and share holders who lay their money for his sponsorships.

However there is this concept of putting things together called LYING.

Since most everyone likes sex, and everyone knows even a good thing in excess can be bad, saying he's got a sex addiction that confuses him as to what woman to bang instead of his wife [which sounds completely idiotic if you ask me] is a little more acceptable [to these people] than saying his unhappy marriage leads him to bang different women in a year. His sponsorships are the reason they were still together in the first place.

2 cent

It's not an excuse for his cheating, and I say that because he's getting treatment and not continuing to walk around poking every waitress in sight. There's a difference between an alcoholic who's admitting to the people he has hurt that he's an alcoholic as he starts the rehabilitation process and an alcoholic who justifies her habit of drinking and driving by telling everyone she's an alcoholic, don't you think?

Yes, sex addiction is real. No, someone who cheats on you is not necessarily a sex addict.

i agree partly with you, but the terms you used on sex addiction wouldn't be really a good one. You can be sex addict, but only to a single person too. You can also cheat without having sex, when you cheat doesn't mean you have a sex addiction.

You cheat when you are doing something with is unfaithful behind the one who love you.

If your other half agree before you having sex with other people, it's not cheating. But if you having sex with others without her notice and she did not agree on, then that's cheating.

if what you said it's right about cheating=sex addiction, then the people with two or more wife are all cheating.

Here's the thing

Sex addiction unlike drug and booze, can't give you a dose of the tremors if you don't get that fix, so I have my doubts as to whether it's real, and most likely all in their heads.

I'm suspicious of it, and were it able to be measured I would see it as something real, but for now I'll go with it being more like a psychological issue if nothing else.

• Gossip

I don't , I think some people could be more into sex than others but as you said there is a thing called self-control

I believe you can be addicted to sex.... however you should exercise that addiction within an open, communicative relationship... otherwise it becomes destructive... enter Tiger Woods...

i'm ignoring the tiger woods part because what tiger woods does is his own business.

moving on... someone can claim that they're a sex addict all they want to, but cheating is cheating and i personally think it's wrong and unforgiveable.

Yes, anything that feels good for a moment is a potential addiction.