Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

Accidentally used a rusty razor to shave my legs?

I was shaving in the shower, and without noticing, I grabbed the wrong razor and began shaving my legs. Half way through, I noticed it was really difficult shaving, so I looked at it...

and noticed 90% of the blade had that red/brown rusty stuff on it.

Am I at risk of an infection?

There are no signs of cuts.

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't worry. The usual worry when you get cut with a rusty razor is tetanus. However, the steel in razors isn't galvanized, which means it rusts very quickly in the shower. Odds are poor that it would be harboring anything, and because you didn't cut yourself, I wouldn't worry. On the off chance you feel ill, especially with muscle aches, I would go see a doctor.

The Mack Sennett answer is probably--movies had (and have) a good impact on general lifestyle, as whilst undershirt sales plummeted after Clark Gable did no longer placed on one in It surpassed off One evening. i've got study that for the period of the previous 1915, prostitutes have been the gang customary for shaving. the supervisor reasons women people shave are aesthetics, scent, and custom. bushy armpits on an in any different case groomed woman, extraordinarily whilst she's wearing something like a sleeveless ballgown, look unkempt, unsophisticated, and earthy--a greater hippy look than many times needed. in the event that they are moist with sweat, even worse. Hair additionally traps scent, so which you 're going to have greater BO once you're unshaven. And third, culturally there's a EWWW element--we are only no longer used to seeing it. Shaving the legs is complete strictly for stylish reasons--hair under nylons gets all bunched up and ruins the graceful look of the leg, and long, darkish leg hair looks masculine. The aesthetics have a lot to do with attaining an phantasm of maximal youthfulness, as referred to with the aid of some right here. women people many times want to look clean and girlish, and easily do no longer want to ask comparisons with an previous, bushy guy.

If there are no cuts you should be ok. Just keep an eye on the area and go to your GP if any rashes appear in the next couple of days

that is very bad. did you have any cuts or orifices already on your body that were exposed to the rust through which the rust could have entered your body? if so you should probably go to your doctor and get another tetanus shot. after every time rust enters a cut or an orifice, you should get another tetanus shot. if you haven't already gotten one you should go straight to the hospital right now or you could get very very very sick. if there were never any cuts on your leg you are probably ok but going to the doctor would be the safe move. just schedule an appointment for whenever is convenient for you as it is not really an emergency unless you haven't had your shot yet.

Might as well go to your doctor and tell him your issue. we can never tell if the bacteria did not got into your skin. You should also use an antiseptic after shaving.

Ask your parents or your doctor if u got a tetnis shot, if yes, cut or no cut u have nothing to worry about

• Catt

It's possible. They are cuts, but not visible to the naked eye. Rub down with acholol rub, can't hurt and might help. Read up on tetanus's.

http://www.tetanus.org/