what happens if i don't sleep for 4 days?

what happens if i don't sleep for 4 days

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The sleep deprived person may start to experience apathy, slowed speech and flattened emotional responses, impaired memory and an inability to be novel or multitask. As a person gets to the point of falling asleep, he or she will fall into micro sleeps(5-10 seconds) that cause lapses in attention, nod off while doing an activity like driving or reading and then finally experience hypnagogic hallucinations, the beginning of REM sleep….. http://www.apa.org/topics/whysleep.html

• 10 years ago

That can vary. The human body can only go for so long without sleep before it'll just fall unconcious. Staying awake for 4 days is possible, but unhealthy. Situations that require it would be life and death situations. In the event that you try this, you'd better be ready to get sick and end up feeling tired for a week or 2 afterward.

• 4 years ago

Reaction Time Slowed Considerably Hallucinations may occur Problem Solving/Critical Thinking Skills affected considerably Mood Swings Forced Sleep (mind will kinda force you into sleep) High Blood Pressure *You may show some signs of psychotic behavior but most likely not.

• 10 years ago

I think that no amount of any energy booster could keep someone awake for 4 days. Eventually your body should just shut down and you'll just crash, pass out, or faint.

Source(s): past experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

you will become overly tired, your body will have no energy to complete the most normal tasks such as THINKING and you could be extremely nauseated

• 10 years ago

You get tired

• 10 years ago

you will be very tired hallucinate go insane like sarah palin DO YOU WANNA BE LIKE SARAH PALIN ?

• 10 years ago

You start to hallucinate.

• 10 years ago

you die - or you get close to dying - if this happens you need to see a doctor immediately

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.