Winky face on IM? does it mean anything? not too long...?

k so i like this guy. hes in my bio class. we talk and joke a lot, and he calls me by my name(and hes called me by my last name a couple times too). we sit neqar eachother in bio, and he always comes up to me for questions and stuff. hes given me minor compliments, stuff like 'your really smart,' and... show more k so i like this guy. hes in my bio class. we talk and joke a lot, and he calls me by my name(and hes called me by my last name a couple times too). we sit neqar eachother in bio, and he always comes up to me for questions and stuff. hes given me minor compliments, stuff like 'your really smart,' and 'your project was good' etc.

hes really sweet and funny. so were facebook friends, but barely ever online at the same time(it pisses me off, once i logged on 55 seconds after he posted something and went offline). so yesterday i got the guts to IM him and we started talking. he replied really fast too, so idk if thats good or what. but we got joking around and stuff, then he sent me qa winky face.

does a winky face mean anything? hes really friendly with everyone too so idk. but ya...my friend thinks it means were flirting.

thanks!

oh, and a seperate question...what do you say when thee the awkward silences after an "lol" or something besides 'sooo...'? thanks.

btw, im a freshman and hes a sophomor in high school.