Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did Sarah Palin's appearance cause Jay Leno's ratings to drop by 800,000 viewers in just one day?

Fox News teaches us that ratings are everything in this world. Without Palin, Jay had 6.6 million viewers. With her, he plunged to 5.8 million on just his second day back. Are the American people voting with their remote controls?

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/03/o...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think the pairing of two idiots (Leno, and Palin) on one stage at the same time, was just to much for most people.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Josh
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Leno's viewers, just like any other national show, vary by as many as a million viewers on a day to day basis due to only to some people's varying ability to catch the show on any given day. Using this convenient statistic (if it is even true) is just a typical liberal sucker punch, and like all the others, it means nothing. And no, no one is voting. That is just as silly of sa statement as the inital claim, Palin isn't running for anything, nor is she campaigning, it is not even a presidential election year.

• 3 years ago

through fact she had a ghost author--she has recognised that she had a ghost author, Lynn Vincent, 'help' her with the e book. it truly is no longer a secret, Ms. Vincent is credited on the e book itself for Pete's sake.

• 1 decade ago

It is probably a race to the bottom as far as TV goes. His show was still the highest rated of the time slot.

Leno: 4.6

Letterman: 3.1

Nightline: 3.0

Jimmy Kimmel Live 1.7

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As much as I can't stand Sarah Palin, its hard for me to believe that she would cause ratings to drop. I think she would make ratings go up. I would even watch her if she was making an appearance on a show..its like watching a train wreck...you just can't look away

• 1 decade ago

Voting with their remotes? Yeah it would seem so. Nobody likes a quitter – even if she is a pugnacious partisan propagandist.

Source(s): LLI
  • 1 decade ago

Do you really think Governor Palin caused the ratings drop? Gee, it couldn't be the fact that it was his SECOND show back, therefor the novelty is gone, could it? No, that's too simple for your hatred.

I know you were trying to be a wise a**, but you only half succeeded, for you showed no wisdom.

• LG
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I turned the channel as soon as that witches face showed up on my TV. I am sure most people did the same.

• Bob H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He had Palin on. Oh man, I missed that. Did she drool.

• 1 decade ago

because she demanded that Adam Lambert not be anywhere near her while in the studio and it pissed people off.

Source(s): Palin has that affect on people
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.