the truth about Dells?

ok, im very confused... some people say dell mini and lab tops suck and others say dell rocks, so seriously, tell me what you think and support your answer.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Dell has been very good to me.

My fan died on my original dell laptop and since they couldn't fix the problem (after 3 attempts), they sent me a new laptop with every available optional feature.

• 10 years ago

Personally I can't bear Dell desktops, I've found them to be unreliable and require too many proprietary parts.

However my experience with a few old Dell laptops (circa 2001-2002) is much better, the website provides good support and any parts you need can always be found on ebay!

• 10 years ago

Some people like vanilla, others like chocolate. Dell makes a good laptop; there are many happy customers out there and their support is pretty good while it's in force.

Beware the opinionated young tehhnical "expert".

• 10 years ago

Dell is only good for their Alienware laptops. It's not so much the computers that suck, it's the customer service.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I have a dell dimension 2400, 1.25gig , 2.4 gh processor,with on board graphics and no agp slot ,my only beef with dell is alot of their pcs are not upgradeable, i can't use a agp graphics card for video, only room for one hard drive, only 2 ram slots,the speed is good when i convert movies , it is a good running pc,it out runs alot of pcs i had before , overall it is a good pc.

• 10 years ago

I'm a true victim..I bought a dell laptop 2yrs ago..last year my battery went down..this year i replaced the keyboard..last month my motherboard gone...my total loss is $950.00

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.