Can I get into Guinness book or records for longest running bad luck?

I started hunting when I was 18, I am now 53. Averaging 24 days hunting a year , it is approximately 777 days, or 7770 hours and I have not yet shot a stag. I have more bushcraft, survival skills and hunting experience than any other hunter I have met, exept one.

I know of those who go out on first hunt and are successful. I have taken out , and taught young hunters who have since shot many deer in a short time. So....am I worthy of a record?

Favorite Answer

No, because the encountering of a stag is something that is out of your control and this aspect of being 'unlucky' is not at all accurate in terms of determining whether you are a general unlucky person as it only represents one aspect of your life.

Also, what is deemed 'unlucky' by one person may not be the same for others and as such.

I'd check the Guinness Book of World Record's website if I were you, it has more information about this sort of stuff. I don't think they really have records for those sorts of things though, it's usually something more like, "Longest Fingernails" or "Most Piercings."

Maybe the stag could get in for the longest running good luck. :)

You might be. You'll need tangible evidence, proof. Sorry you haven't gotten a deer. Maybe try another area, or another state. You may be in a state where the deer population is waning due to over hunting.

No, likely not, because luck is a debate-able belief...