Advance parole applied online,passport expired !!?

I applied for my daughters Advance parole online recently and now found out that my daughters passport is expired , as i need to send her passport copies as supporting documents for proof of identity.What should i do as renewing her passport will also take some time.

• Fred S
    Best Answer

You might have to renew the passport if the country she is going to enter requires her to have a valid passport.

The U.S. does not require a person with an I-512, Advanced Parole, to have a valid passport. She will not need a valid passport to obtain the Advanced Parole form.

Your only concern should be whether or not she will need a valid passport to go to wherever it is she's going.

• Gail

If your Advanced Parole has not yet been approved, you will not be able to return to the US after your departure =UNLESS= you still hold a valid visa. If you do hold a valid visa, it must be compatible with immigration intent. For instance an employment visa (H-1B) is OK, but tourist (B1/B2) or student (F1/J1) visas are not. Note that if you are a Canadian citizen, you MUST NOT attempt to return as a visitor without visa. The status of a visitor without visa is incompatible with the immigration intent and may annul your permanent residency application.

You have no choice ....get a replacement passport