Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

How hypocritical is it of Obama to have called the foot high health care bill that was brought to his summit..?

last week a "prop", but using live "props" (white coated doctors) as he once again speechifies about his government seizure of the health care industry?

Best Answer

I would like to point out to "the patriot" that most Americans want health care reform. However, they don't want it in the current form. This bill is too big and will not help us in the long wrong. I want health care, just not this monster of a bill. Lets fix health care one piece at a time. My main complaint is that I do not want the Government telling me I have to buy their health insurance policy, or I will have to pay a cash fine. They can keep it. Open up out of state insurance, and maybe pass a bill that regulates insurance rates. But I do not want the Government brand of health insurance.

The reforms are not about the government taking control of anything, the reforms are about helping Americans.

I am always amazed how many Americans seem not to be aware about the real healthcare issues relying instead on FOX and other sources to spread lies about the healthcare system of the USA and those abroad. I mean, if healthcare in nations with universal coverage is so bad, why do they keep it?

Obama wants to make insurance more available to all and change the system so that it gives the American people value for money [1]. He also wants change so that the insurance companies find it harder to get out of paying for treatment. The system he is proposing looks similar to that which works in Taiwan where private companies are involved in providing healthcare [2].

Obama campaigned on reforming the healthcare system. He said he wanted to make insurance more available and he was elected to do this [3].

FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids both for kids aged under one and those under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [4].

FACT – American insurance companies push up prices and work to stop paying out claims on those they cover [5].

FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [6].

That means that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in any western nation with universal health coverage.

If you do not like the policies that Obama was elected to bring in, he can always be voted out of office in 2012. But if you disagree with the facts, please let me know. I am always willing to learn, but please provide proof. None of those who disagree with me have been able to do that so far.

I think it's hypocritical that he called his nationalization of 1/6th of the economy a 'prop'.

I would kiss Eric Cantor for bringing that pile of junk to the summit.

For a blatant hypocrite, this is just par for the course.