When is the U.S. Postal Service just gonna give up?

Their business has drastically reduced because the internet, UPS, FedEx, and DHL have them beat, and now they're considering cutting Saturday delivery. A few years ago they wanted to tax online orders, even ones delivered by those private delivery companies, so they could get more revenue. They should just adopt UPS's model to provide fast delivery. The problem is that it's government run. I hope they've abandoned that "neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow" stuff, because they didn't deliver mail in my area for two days last week.

Favorite Answer

i beg to differ. about the government run part. usps hasn't been run by the government in years. still a federal agency but managed by a private corporation. surely you remember when that happened; it was just before the term "going postal" was introduced to america.

seems that the big business plan they came up with was delivering flyers, something that was done by kids and transients when i was young. i pull 5+ pounds of this krap out of my box every week. almost impossible to stop.

yes, i agree, us postal service has outlived it's usefulness.

• Will

I would much rather the Postal Service continued the way it is, than trust a corporation that decides that it's cheaper to throw my stuff away than deliver it.

I hope they run out of workers.

• John

but how else am i gonna get my netflix lol