Causes of missed period other than pregnancy?

I've been on birth control, that seasonique stuff, for almost a year now, because of irregularity. I haven't been taking it the last two weeks for whatever reason. Have not had sex since quitting the pill, Im not that stupid and don't want a baby. However, since quitting about two weeks ago, I haven't had my period. I am very certain I cannot be pregnant because the pill is not the only form of birth control we use and I make sure to take it every day and around the same time. We also use condoms with spermicidal lube and, yes I know it's not the best form of birth control, but he even pulls out as well. So there really is like, a super super slim chance of ALL forms failing at the same time.

I've read about stress and weight and stuff like that causing a missed period. But I don't feel Im too overweight or too stressed/anxious or anything like that to have it cause me to miss my period. But I don't know.

Anyway, here is what happened recently that may have caused it...

I recently stopped taking antidepressants. I was on Prozac and Abilify and Seroquel (for sleep) I haven't taken any in a while, maybe since mid January.

I am currently a full time student, but I don't feel I am really too stressed by that.

Home life isn't the greatest, but it is doable I suppose. I am in a long distance relationship. He lives about 3 hours away and I get to see him every once every few weeks or so. So I guess that could add to the stress?

My weight isn't the healthiest, but I guess it isn't really the worst either. Im roughly 210 lbs, 5 foot 6 inches. So over weight I know, but would it be enough to cause me to miss my period?

Also, I started birth control to regulate periods. But since I haven't had one in a few months because of the birth control, I figured I should at least have it now because it isn't like I just had it last month or anything.

I am going to an OB/GYN in about 2 weeks to get Mirena, and I was told they would do a pregnancy test before that. But I seriously don't think Im pregnant.

What do you think could be the cause of my not having a period since stopping my birth control aside from being pregnant?

Favorite Answer

Stress, sickness, ovarian cysts, uterus problems, irregularity due to a change in diet or sleep patterns, irregularity due to coming off birth control, etc.

I did not have a period for 10 years after I had my daughter. Some of it was from rapid weight gain with the pregnancy. Also, I was told I had PCOS, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. This is when the ovaries for a hard casing around them and you do not ovulate. It would be best to go talk to your doctor or go for a second opinion.

it could just be that you were on the pill and going off of it can screw with your body. here is a few diffretn things i found...stress, rapid weight gain or weight loss, and illness. These are issues that you can have even if you are not sexually active, so if you miss your period you should stop and think about all of these scenarios and how they apply to your life.

You are just going through a lot of changes. Don't worry too much about it. Let your body adjust and you will be back to normal.

I found this awesome website and you can find more information,about your question,

Take your time to visit ,I hope this helps!

http://information-about-pregnancy.blogspot.com/