How to delete deleted history?!?

My dad is gonna' get a machine or software that can view deleted history, and he might find some things...

How can I delete this history so he cannot see it?

Please help.

Best Answer

:P that's funny! :P Is your dad a computer expert?

If you really want to get rid of all of the history you can go through the trouble of saving all of the files that you want and then changing the RAM.....when you get rid of the RAM it's gone forever i believe but that's if you get really desperate.........

Or for windows XP go to Tools in My Computer>Folder Options>. Click the view Tab then select "show hidden files and Folders"> Click Apply the Okay. Then go to the C: drive>WIndows Folder> Click "show files". go to the TEMP folder and delete everything in there. (If it doesn't delete something just unselect it and continue to delete everything else)

Now go back to the C: drive> Documents and Settings>Select User (if any)>Local settings folder>TEMP folder and delete everything there as well. (If there are multiple users you can do this for all of them but be careful because something that's not your's may go missing)

Another folder in Local settings is Temporary Internet files>Content and you can delete the folder.

Go back once and go to the History folder and delete it (this is you browsing history)

Finally MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE THINGS FROM YOUR RECYLCLING BIN OTHER WISE IT"S STILL THERE! ( but i wouldn't delete everything because that would be suspicious)

(by the way when you delete things on a computer it always stays there unless you destroy the system unit...so basically, as far as i know, only the FBI would know how to get this information even after you delete it from the hard drive as i showed you before:) so your dad probably won't unless he's an expert)

I hope this helps! Tell me how it goes! :)

The deleted history is stored..

When you delete some files on your hard drive your computer just tells your hard drive that specific information is useless and leaves it there. Some software is able to reread that info.

Download something that deletes it using The Gutmann Method

Look up on Google something like permanent delete and you will get something. (Set it to delete your already deleted files)

After that your dad will have invent something in order to see the deleted history.

If you don't want to do that then the other option is for you too fill your hard drive to 100% capacity after you delete your history. That will do the trick as well.

Source(s): Also wanted to delete some things :D

There is no such thing as a software that can view deleted history and what not. If your dad finds a site that says it has software that can then tell your dad for me that I hope he enjoys newly virus filled computer.

Maybe if you and your parents had any kind of trust whatsoever, you wouldn't be having this problem.

Deal with it when it comes. You'll be wiser for it, and your parents might actually trust you again in a few months.

And to the above answerer: Yeah. Deleted history is completely gone. Riiiiiiiiiight...

i didnt know you could recall it... once its deleted its gone i think :D

Future ref:

If you using internet explorer... click "Safety" just under your address bar ---> then click "in privite browsing" and no history will be stored in future :P

Or just press CTRL + SHIFT + P

Enjoy ;)

hahahaha i didn't know such thing existed....

i don;t think you can recall deleted history....

once its gone...its gone

okay person below me, so does machines actually exist???

that sucks for this person askin the question.

anywayssss

thats why you don't search for stuff that your not supposed to.

• ;p, What have you got to hide?

If there are stuff you don't want other members of you're household to see in you're PC , go to those Sites on; "In private Browsing"

I do it all the time when i'm buying presents for family and i don't want them to see it, or for Porn Sites! ;p

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/internet-explo...