Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jacob asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Why does my little dog sit on my big dog?

My big dog will lay down for a nap, and my little dog will sit her butt on him. Or she even tries to lay on him and sleep herself.

• Favorite Answer

My dogs do this all the time. Unfortunately for me, it's my big dog who is a puppy, sitting on my little dog. I've always thought it was because they want to be close and feel safe cuddled up together. Kind of like a pack thing. Safety sleeping together. That and I really feel my puppy (a bullmastiff) does not know he isn't a cavalier king charles spaniel. I could also be a dominance thing.

Most little dogs love to sit in their owners lap for warmth, the next best thing=another dog.

It sounds like She's trying to establish herself in the pecking order.

Dogs tend to 'mount' each other in an effort to establish who is the leader. If you have two (as long as there is no fighting ) they will probably be able to sort it out between themselves and it should be just fine.

my dogs do that al the time there friends and they keep each other warm adn company while they have a nap so cute

My boxer sits on my golden all the time. Closeness and she won't sit on anything hard lol

my smaller boston (male puppy) always lays on my female boston (3) years old i thought it was because its like his mommy and to keep warm.

like a heated cushion just for her!

She's trying to be with him. Obviously.