Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Which 3 federal government programs or departments would you eliminate?

I know many people would like to eliminate most or all of them, but the point of this question decide which federal programs or departments should go first. So if you had to pick only 3...

• N
    Favorite Answer

DEA Drug Enforcement Agency - Save $40 Billion dollars

FCC Federal Communications Commission - End censorship

DOMA Defense of Marriage Act - discrimination isn't cool

I do not believe there are any federal programs that need to be eliminated! I believe instead we would be ahead just moving the Federal Government off shore! Problem is finding an other Country to accept it.

IRS -- it's one fifth of the government to enforce millions of lines of tax code that does little or no good to the average American, but plenty of good to the same jerks who walked off with loads of stimulus money on Wall Street.

Dept of Education -- If NCLB is the measure of how the government runs education, then we're better off having the kids read Fark all day. They'd learn more.

Homeland Security -- I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doing or securing, but it appears to do less good than the CIA and Effa Bee Eye did, so why are we spending oodles of cash on it?

Not sure about eliminate but reform, Welfare would be the first on my list and since INS/ICE is handicapped at every turn trying to do their job millions could be saved by just doing away with them and Medicaid/Medicare fraud needs to be addressed. (something I can't figure out is if the government can tell you there is 542 billion dollars of Medicare fraud as an excuse to cut it, why they cannot stop the fraud instead)

Education -- for certain. Enacted by Carter in 1979 it soundly failed to improve our public schools by any measure. Despite receiving GOBS of federal money.

Not sure about the other two...

• SPLATT

White House, Congress and Supreme Court.

Let's start over.

• andy

My two would be labor, and education. Since the Federal Government has attempted to take over the schools, the quality of education has gone down in the public schools.

• mikey

Dept. of Energy, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Health&Human Services.

In that order.

More than 3... but lets start with the CIA, Department of Education, FDA, and... the IRS!!!

• section-8 free housing / housing vouchers

welfare checks to able bodied women.

food stamp cut off, max 2 years for any American in a lifetime.

we are rewarding irresponsible behavior, and it needs to stop NOW.

Source(s): middle of the road American.