Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

How will the pro-illegal alien crowd on Yahoo! Answers defend these 300 illegal aliens with criminal records?

U.S. announces Texas roundup of 300 immigrants with criminal records

By DIANNE SOLIS / The Dallas Morning News

Nearly 300 illegal immigrants with criminal convictions were arrested this week in Texas, federal immigration officials and prosecutors said today.

The largest number of arrests, 119, were in North Texas.

Of the total, about half of the immigrants had convictions for violent crimes or drug offenses. Most of the crimes were committed in the Untied States, authorities said.

"These are not people we want walking on our streets," said John Morton, the assistant secretary for the Department of Homeland Security who oversees Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The arrests, though, raises questions about why the immigrants hadn’t been deported earlier, immediately after they'd served their time for criminal convictions.

Morton said scrutiny of inmates in federal and state prisons is good, and immigrants are generally removed from the country after serving their prison sentences. But there are large gaps in municipal and county jails.

A new program, called Secure Communities, seeks to link jail staff with federal data banks to ensure that those with criminal convictions are removed from the country. There are only 110 jail locations in the country that now use the program.

By the end of 2013, ICE would like coverage across the nation, Morton said.

Secure Communities has come under scrutiny for the relatively low number of persons caught who have been convicted of violent crimes – or what’s known in ICE as a "level one" offense.

Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Irving, Mesquite and Dallas and Denton counties are among the jurisdictions using Secure Communities processes. The program began in November 2008.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/lat...

Favorite Answer

why would anyone justify or defend them? who says DHS shouldn't prioritize them?

Criminal Record Search Database : http://searchverifyinfo.com/Official

Don't let this smoke and mirrors fool you into believing that ICE is doing its job. According to current statistics, they would need to arrest and deport at least three times that amount DAILY just to meet the current inflow of illegals into the U.S..

The lack of enforcement by our government borders on the criminal! Until this country develops the capability to adequately defend our border and to arrest and deport the vast majority of illegals inside the U.S., we Americans will not stop petitioning our elected representatives and taking the fight to the invaders.

• Ha! they will just say that because they are so poor and desperate for a better life they "had" to commit these crimes. They have an ignorant answer for everything.

• Sasori

It will be the same, old same old.

"It's our fault they bring drugs in, we use them, if we didn't buy, they couldn't sell"

"they are looking to feed their families"

"they are looking for a better life"

"the guns came from the US"

If we believe all that we might as well go out and hand them the keys to our homes and autos.

I want a better life too, but I can't go out and rob a bank. I can't move into to someones $M home because it's better than mine. I can't expect everyone else to pay for the birth and 18 years of support for my children. I can't expect everyone else to pay to teach my child a language that is foreign to me when I illegally move to another country.

I have to take responsibility for my decisions. If I don't like where I'm at I have to get job training or an education to move up to a higher income bracket. I have to move to a neighborhood that isn't full of crime. My choices, My decisions, MY RESPONSIBILITY. It is not the responsibility of the US and taxpayers to give me the life I want or believe I deserve. IT IS MINE.

Since they are criminals, they should be deported, of course.

Deport ALL criminals, legals, illegals, citizens, native Americans, bears, rabbits, mooses, beavers, the KKK, the skinheads, serial killers, etc

Easy, they go into a trance chanting :" these people are allowed to break immigration law"

Those seem to be criminals, not aliens

they will come up with something. they want us to feel sorry for the kids or how hard it is in their country.

they wont, however the noose is tightening around this group.