Ramadan: When praying in Jama'ah and you only reach the last raka'ah...?

For example, last night, my sister was praying Isha and I decided to pray with her. But by the time I joined her she was in the last raka'ah. Thus I had to make up 3 raka'ahs. So in the raka'ah I prayed with her - I read al-fatiha only. Then she did the tahiyat and her salams. Then I got up and prayed another raka'ah and only read fatiha again. Then I did the tahiyat. Then I got up again and read fatiha + another surah, and again i did another raka'ah with fatiha and another surah. then my tahiyat, then my salams. To summarize it, after my sister did her salams, I prayed:

Rakah 1 = fatiha

TAHIYAT

Raka'ah 2 = fatiha + another surah

Raka'ah 3 = fatiha + another surah

TAHIYAT

I basically prayed the salah backwards. Is this correct? If not, how are you supposed to do it?

JazakAllahu Khairan

Oh dear.. I think some of you have misunderstood. By "Jama'ah" I meant.. ONLY my sister and I were praying together. At first she was praying alone, then I decided to join her instead of praying on my own so that I could get more good deeds. You get it? And according to my knowledge, that's allowed. It wasn't as though she was leading men. Sorry if I phrased it wrong before.

Favorite Answer

I'm Muslim, the following is the correct order

Rakah 1 = fatiha + another surah

Tahiyat

Rakah 2 = fatiha only

Rakah 3 = fatiha only

tahiyat

salams

1st rakaat done, it's complete with sis as you managed Fatiha in time.

2nd- Fatiha + surah + tahiyat awal

3rd- Fatiha

4th- Fatiha + tahiyat akhir.

For you info, surah is not wajib.

Reciting another surah is a sunnah in all 4 rakats. The prophet did it more often is the first two. Thats all.So you see what u've done is not wrong.

With regards to order of making them up there is a simple rule. The rakah u join the imam is YOUR FIRST rakah. Then then u follow the imam when you have missed rakats u complete them in the same order.

Like u got one rakah of maghrib.

This is ur 1st rakah.

after the imam is done with the prayer you get up and pray ur second rakah then tahiyyah and third rakah.

I hope I made myself clear.

Assalamu'alaykum

a million) probable Sydney 2) This freshman Austin. He became super superb. i'm a jr and hes basically so candy. i'm taking him under my wing. 3) Jacob. I hate him. i wish he gets hit through a bus. That total element became so ******* stupid. Now you get a narrative. i've got enjoyed him for the reason that 8th grade and he knew it. yet he had a girl chum so i did no longer pass after him because of the fact i in my opinion comprehend peoples relationships. and then approximately six months in the past he stored complaining to me approximately his relationship problems and he ended up breaking up together with her. and then he made it appear like he beloved me. And he kissed me. And we've been "relationship" yet we weren't. and then whilst he needed to have intercourse and that i mentioned I wasn't waiting he left. 4) Sydney, shes a good chum. 5) Kylie. we've regularly going on one yet another for the reason that we've been childrens.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with that according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions. There is a difference of opinion on the matter, but the correct view is that it is permitted, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood to pray on his own one night, and Ibn ‘Abbaas came and prayed with him. In this case, the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) became the imaam and Ibn ‘Abbaas became the one who was following him in prayer. So the intention of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) changed from the intention to pray alone to the intention to lead the prayer. This indicates that it is permissible. This applies equally to naafil prayers and to fard prayers, except in cases where the evidence specifies something to the contrary. This view is more correct than the other view, and it is also the view favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah. It was also narrated from Imaam Ahmad. This is the more correct view, in sha Allaah.

Fataawa Samaahat al-Imaam ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Humayd, p. 93

Rakah 1 = sana + fatiha + another surah (for when you joined your sister, you could not possibly have time to recite the 'sana'.)

TAHIYAT

Raka'ah 2 = fatiha + another surah

Raka'ah 3 = fatiha

Remember, actions are known by their intentions.

If a Muslim starts to pray on his own, then another person comes along, is it OK for him to join the first person in his prayer, or should he keep away from him because he started his prayer alone?

The only thing troubling me is this.

Who was the Imam i.e. leader of the prayers?

If it was your sister, then you can not perform a jamah with a female Imam.

For more info , read:

Can women pray in congregation ( Jamaah ) with a woman performing as Imaam ?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not prescribed for women to recite the adhaan and iqaamah as it is for men. If a woman does recite the adhaan and iqaamah, it may be one of the three following scenarios:

1 – She recites the adhaan and iqaamah for a group of men only, or for a mixed group of men and women. This is not prescribed in Islam and her adhaan and iqaamah for a group of men do not count

2 – She recites them for a group of women only.

3 – Or she recites them for herself when she is alone.

It is permissible for her to recite the adhaan for a group of women or for herself, but it is not like the case with men. For men it is more emphatically required, whereas for women, if they give the adhaan it is permissible, and if they do not, it is also permissible. If a woman does recite the adhaan, she must keep her voice low and make it just loud enough for her companions to hear.

If a woman says the iqaamah for herself or for a group of women, that is better and is closer to what is mustahabb, but if she does not do that, the prayer is still valid.

With regard to a woman leading the prayers and acting as an imaam, one of the two following scenarios may apply:

1 – A woman leading men, or a mixed group of men and women. It is not correct for a woman to lead men in prayers at all, regardless of whether it is a fard (obligatory) prayer or a naafil (supererogatory) prayer.

2 – A woman leading women in prayer. It is mustahabb for women to pray together (in jamaa’ah) when they get together in a place. One of them should lead the others, but she should stand with them in the middle of the row. It is permissible and correct for a woman to lead other women in prayer.

From Wilaayat al-Mar’ah fi’l-Fiqh al-Islami

Also read:

One who joined the prayer late leading another

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21765

However, on the contrary if a male is leading the prayer, then there is nothing to complain about.

=)

Source(s): Cool FUndamentalist. can a women lead a prayer? http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/3760/women%20leading...
  • Hassan

sister for Jama'ah a imam is required. and it is necessary that he should be male.

woman cannot lead the Jama'ah.