promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

If a home pregnancy test keeps getting darker does this mean the HCG is going up?

Ive been taking home pregnancy tests for almost a week now and they have all been positive, and the test line keeps getting darker everyday. This morning's test, the test line was much darker than the control line. Does this mean that the HCG level is going up? Please only serious answers from ladies who have experienced this! Thanks!

Update:

I have been to the doc, i got a positive blood pregnancy test but the hcg was low. i am going back today to see if its higher

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I had this and + everyday i did another it was darker, its harder to tell your pregnant at the early stages thats why the line is lighter, as you go on thru the pregnancy more the lines get darker because its mut easier to detect in your urine :)

Good luck to you

xx

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes :D. it dose. I did 10 tests in a row everyday from day 8 dpo and everyday the line got darker. Home pg test including the cheap early detection tests are pretty good. But to be sure try a different brand. Grats :D.

• 1 decade ago

Probably...have you been to the doctor yet? You are pregnant so testing at home isn't necessary anymore. Just go to your doctor.

• Jade
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yep, in a week i took 4 tests.. the first being fairly light and the last being very dark

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Probably...have you been to the doctor yet?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.