Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Danah Lee asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How can I achieve platinum blonde hair?

okay,

so a lil over a month ago I decided I wanted to go platinum blonde.

But, ive been dying my hair jet black for about two years.

My hair is naturally light brown with red pigment.

So here is what I did first,

I bought quick blue bleach and 30 peroxide developer, I left that on for about a hour.

It turned out awful, like light brown, with red and orange in it.

So, the the next day I bought bleach and used 40 peroxide developer, and left it on for another hour.

It turned out super orange with gold. The same day I dyed my hair box color dark brown, and it turned out this nice-looking orange. A couple weeks later, I dyed my hair with box color blonde. And it lightened up my hair, but it was still orange. So last weekend I bleached my hair AGAIN with 40 peroxide developer, it turned out orange with lots of blonde. I used toner after wards with 30 peroxide developer, and like it said it would get rid of the brass tone, it really didn't help. So, what I need to know is how to I get rid of this orange?! Right now, my hair is still healthy just my ends are fried. (I plan on cutting it after I get what I want) I want platinum blonde hair and that orange to go away! and do not tell me to go to a salon, because I don't have the money for that. thank you<3

Favorite Answer

it's gonna take forever,

to achieve the lift you'd need.

just dying it over and over again pretty much.

use a hair color remover (not bleach) on it 1st, to strip the color.

get a good bleaching kit and follow the instructions very good. you can put a plastic bag or plastic wrap around the hair and use a blowdryer to add heat to it (this will make it get lighter faster) check it every 10 minutes or so to make sure it is okay.

your hair will probably be a bright yellow after this... like banana...

then, you're going to want a really hardcore conditioner. put it in and leave it for like 5 minutes. rinse it out really well and blowdry your hair.

buy either a toner to put on it (follow the directions really well)

or you can buy an extra light neutral blonde shade of hairdye.

Source(s): been there <3
  • boden

sounds like your making use of boxed blonde dyes. attempt an definitely bleach equipment! or purchase the peroxide and powder and combine it your self, this might carry you to a plenty lighter shade of blonde. i went from dyed black hair to platinum blonde making use of Manic Panic lightening bleach equipment. i had to do it two times in the previous i've got been given to a white, notwithstanding it labored, when I had to tone it 2 circumstances a month with manic panic toner. yet i did it interior of two weeks. of path you will would desire to take fairly stable care of your hair in case you do it speedy like me. stable success!

keep bleaching with 40 vol peroxide and bleach

you can keep bleaching it until your hair is a pale yellow

it may also fall out

depends on how strong your hair is

good luck

Source(s): stylist 30yrs

my bro's gf is going there too and shes dyeing it lighter slowly like every 3 months she has light brown hair now with blondish highlights. just don't bleach so much and use a shampoo that lightens your hair and removes brassiness..

die it back to black and save up to go to the hairdressers because your just ruining your hair putting all those chemials in it almost on a daily basis! or get a wig.

Shave it and get a wig