Spybot Search and Destroy?

Can I download this program onto a disk or usb drive and then transfer it to an infected computer? the infected computer blocks anything from downloading from internet explorer.

Favorite Answer

Yes, and changing the name is a good idea but spybot kinda sucks now. they have not updated their core scanning app in over a year.

You are much better of with superantispyware (portable edition)

http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.ht...

(I know it sounds fake but it is legit, google it)

it gives each download a random name and it is also a com file so exe blockers can't stop it

let me know how it goes , it is on the same quality level as malwarebytes.

I would not however recommend malwarebytes for a spyware program blocking spyware. it will kill malwarebytes and delete it form its program folder, you can get it going but it takes more work than superantispyware

even if you change the name on malwarebytes installer the malware will find the main exe of the install program, if you are going to use malware bytes you will have to 1. change the installer name 2. do not run after install. 3. go to where you installed it and change mbam.exe to thegoddangbatman.exe and then run the goddangbatman.exe

Source(s): CS grad student and pc repair guy at a large school

You can burn the program to a disc. Just rename it as 5361200.exe. The rogue might block it. I do recommend instead of Spybot, you burn Malwarebytes to a CD or onto a usb drive.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware...

• Dave L

Yes. Change the executable filename, and put it into a newly created directory - any name will do. The virus will look for the default directory and filename, and you should be able to fool it. If that doesn't work, do the same process with malwarebytes, or Avila, they will get rid of it.....

yes you can download it from another computer then put it on a USB and transfer it