Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow "Lavender Town" Music Kills Children in 1997?

Does anyone remember hearing this?

i remember back in 1998 i heard about it in school.

for those who are 90's kids and played pokemon for days know that the Lavender Town music was a very eerie tune.

WELL

their was this story that circulated back in 1997 about the original theme music that for "Lavender Town" that was originally released had these 3 very high pitched chords that gave kids headaches and stuff. and addiction to the game. or something.

and then the kids commited suicide when their parents didnt let them play the game anymore

i know this sounds like total bull. and it probably is

but i just wanna know if anybody remembers hearing this.

heres the link to the Re-released version of the tune for those who dont remember it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNJJ-QkZ8cM

Youtube thumbnail

and heres a link for a story on it: http://j0nawithazero.tumblr.com/post/394333234

Favorite Answer

Woahhh... Spooky. Now I want to hear the original version!

I had Pokemon Yellow as a kid, but I'm not sure if it was the original released copy. Probably not, since I think I got my copy either before or during 1999?

But I've never heard of that before... All I can remember is the rumor about the kid who got his eye poked out over a fight for a trading card. xP Oh, Pokemon<3

Ha! The Lavender Town Syndrome! It Isn't Real!

i have never heard the story but i grew up in the early pokemon era and i do agree the lavender town theme in the blue and red versions is eerie and bone chilling if listened to very closely and i must say this story is really interesting

Haha! I have GOT to check this out later! I LOVE Lavender Town music! I adore listening to it a couple of times... Yeah! :)

None yet. I think when Dave Matthews goes will be that day for me. I know for my dad, it was Ronnie Van Zant and the other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd's death when the 'music died' for him. It is hard when someone close to you dies, but it is also hard when such a source of inspiration passes away as well.