POLL: GUYS! Which do you prefer, Girly girl, or Tomboy?

I was having a discussion about this with one of my close friends. Apparently, I am too "manly". I know how to fix cars, use a gun, am independent, and I speak my mind no matter how different my opinion is. The thing is, I still wear makeup, dress nicely (mainly jeans and a nice top and occasionally skirts and/or dresses) and you'll notice that most of the questions I ask/answer are about fashion and beauty. Does being classified as a girly girl mean that you are insecure, always concerned about you physical appearance, giggly, and shallow? Or are you a tomboy if your confident and independent? What do you think?

Best Answer

I prefer a girly tomboy.

I would still classify you as a girly girl, since you dress feminine. I prefer a feminine woman. Being independent and knowing how to do things for yourself is a good thing.

Though i have a girlfriend, you sound like my type of girl, you like to dress apropriately(i probably spelt that wrong) and look nice, but you have what most people would call, a tomboy side but my girlfriend like animals, like to ride fourwheelers and wants to drive a truck etc, and i would want a girl like that before a "girly girl" because their interest are way too different from mine.

Mostly Girly Girl.

Tomboy (only cause i want them to come to knockhill with me to have a romantic day out watching British touring cars LOL =)

Definitely a tomboy. My best friend is a tomboy. We go fishing and hiking together. There isn't anything she won't try. When we wrestle, though, I wish she wasn't my best friend, if you get my meaning.

well go to a club in a mini skirt and an attitude and see who gets more attention you or your close friend, problem solved

Since I'm not gay I like girls. And by girls I mean girls, not a guy stuck in a girl's body.

It has nothing to do with assertiveness and confidence level, it's a matter of femininity. I'm attracted to feminine characteristics.

inbetween. tomboy is cool i guess as long as she doesnt look like a bloke.

Girly girl

Source(s): Tomboy = Lesbian