I am a Holocaust Denier. Why aren't you?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • gatita
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not only are you a Holocaust denier you are also a believer in revisionist history. The following is but a small example of events from the Holocaust that relate directly to the U.S. involvement in the Holocaust.

During World War II, rescue of Jews and other victims of the Nazis was not a priority for the United States government. Nor was it always clear to Allied policy makers how they could pursue large-scale rescue actions behind German lines. Due in part to antisemitism (prejudice against or hatred of Jews), isolationism, the economic Depression, and xenophobia (prejudice against or fear of foreigners), the refugee policy of the U.S. State Department (led by Secretary of State Cordell Hull) made it difficult for refugees to obtain entry visas to the United States.

The U.S. State Department also delayed publicizing reports of genocide. In August 1942, the State Department received a cable revealing Nazi plans for the murder of Europe's Jews. However, the report, sent by Gerhart Riegner (the World Jewish Congress [WJC] representative in Geneva) was not passed on to its intended recipient, American Jewish leader and WJC president Stephen Wise. The State Department asked Wise, who had almost simultaneously received the report via British channels, to refrain from announcing it.

The United States failed to act decisively to rescue victims of the Holocaust. On April 19, 1943, U.S. and British representatives met in Bermuda to find solutions to wartime refugee problems. No significant proposals emerged from the conference. In 1943, Polish underground courier Jan Karski informed President Franklin D. Roosevelt of reports of mass murder received from Jewish leaders in the Warsaw ghetto. U.S. authorities did not, however, initiate any action aimed at rescuing refugees until 1944, when Roosevelt established the War Refugee Board (WRB). That year the WRB set up the Fort Ontario Refugee Center in Oswego, NY, to facilitate rescue of imperiled refugees. By the time the War Refugee Board was established, however, four fifths of the Jews who would die in the Holocaust were already dead.

By the spring of 1944, the Allies knew of the killing operations using poison gas at the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp. Some Jewish leaders pleaded unsuccessfully with U.S. government officials to bomb the gas chambers and rail tracks leading to the camp. Even after the Anglo-American air forces developed the capacity to hit targets in Silesia (where Auschwitz was located) in 1944, U.S. authorities decided not to bomb the gas chambers or the rail lines. U.S. officials argued that U.S. aircraft did not have the capacity to conduct air raids on these targets with sufficient accuracy, and that the Allies were committed to bomb exclusively military targets to win the war as quickly as possible.

On May 13, 1939, the German transatlantic liner St. Louis sailed from Hamburg, Germany, for Havana, Cuba. On the voyage were 938 passengers, one of whom was not a refugee. Almost all were Jews fleeing from the Third Reich. Most were German citizens, some were from Eastern Europe, and a few were officially "stateless."

The majority of the Jewish passengers had applied for U.S. visas, and had planned to stay in Cuba only until they could enter the United States. But by the time the St. Louis sailed, there were signs that political conditions in Cuba might keep the passengers from landing there. The U.S. State Department in Washington, the U.S. consulate in Havana, some Jewish organizations, and refugee agencies were all aware of the situation. The passengers themselves were not informed; most were compelled to return to Europe and certain death. It is interesting to note that many cabinet members of Roosevelt were Jewish.

gatita_63109

Apostolic Believer In One God, Jesus

• 10 years ago

It happened, get use to it and learn not to be a Nazi or at least a naive twit.

@Chris, Hitler was not a Christan, he was more of an atheist or at least an occultist. He made it plenty clear he hated religions to include Christianity after he came to power. If Hitler is a Christian then so is Richard Dwakins. Both were Catholics, both went to Catholic Schools and Both said with their own mouths they don't agree with religion.

By no means am I saying Dwakins is anything like Hitler or even comes close.

Hitler was an atheist megalomaniac, the worse and lowest.

BTW I am not saying that atheists are like Hitler.

• ?
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Might as well deny black slavery, the earthquake in Haiti or Hiroshima and Nagasaki. There is so much evidence and millions of first-hand witnesses you have to be down right stupid to do that.

Double check that your mom didn't deny oxygen to your brain as an infant.

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Why. 'Cause you think it makes you different? 'Cause you love the Nazi ideology? Because you had a choice to like or dislike, so you decide to 'ennee meenee mynee moo'? Because you don't know what you're denying. That must be it. Or maybe somewhere along your short lived live, you were dropped on your head. Maybe that's it. Either way, the only thing you are accomplishing is a height of ignorance beyond the pale of credability. Go ahead, tell us why. Intrigue us with your lack of understanding.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because the evidence demonstrating the facts of the holocaust is abundant.

Given that, there's no reason to "deny" it.

Peace.

• 10 years ago

You can`t say a proven historical event didn`t happen because you choose to not recognise it. You don`t say why you choose to do this. It is obvious that the question is to be controversial and on that, I may congratulate you for having so many answers from so many people, including myself, who have helped you achieve your aim.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because I know several Holocaust survivors, have seen the pictures, the records the Germans themselves kept, the films taken at that time, etc. etc. etc.

• 10 years ago

You can't deny something that was proven by overwhelming written, photographic, and eye witness evidence to have happened. Well....technically, you can deny anything I suppose given enough stupidity or obtuseness, but it doesn't make sense to do so.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because I have functional brain cells, and this isn't the Neo-Nazi section.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because my father helped to liberate a Nazi death camp and because the mother and grandmother of an old girlfriend of mine survived one

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

because there is so much Evidence of the holocaust.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.