guy asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

What is a good technique for a powerful push?

The kind of push that will send people flying back.

Favorite Answer

When pushing or striking, the most power can be generated by using advanced techniques that have to be practiced for some time to be applied correctly.

Generally, when people attempt to push someone, they will generate momentum by moving backwards first, or attempting to push straight forward from where they are standing. Both methods waste power, momentum or energy, by using movement that isn't required.

I would advise you to have a look at the theory behind the 'zero-inch punch' as it is widely known (A variation of the 'one-inch punch' that Bruce Lee brought to the Western world's attention). The theory is to distort the centre of gravity before applying force. A difficult technique to describe here, but if you take a look online, you should find some description.

As i mentioned, Bruce Lee made the one-inch punch famous by his public demonstrations. The techniques is so-called, as the fist only moves approximately one inch to the point of contact. Applied correctly, it is quite possible for the technique to propel an opponent 6-feet backwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keS3OTNger8

The punch is obviously very different to a pushing technique, and is designed to incapacitate or kill. It is recommended that you do not attempt to emulate the techniques without proper training, as they can cause severe injuries, or death.

I hope that helps.

Source(s): Martial Arts.

My 7 year old son send me flying back into a wall bruising my shoulder. He also does Kung Fu training and he used the move (a push with both hands), that was taught in class as part of a form, on me whilst we were "play sparring". Although he caught me off-guard I was surprised at how powerful the simple move could.

Nobody gave a good answer -.- here I'll give one.

This is JUST what you asked for so, here it is:

Get in push-up position, push off the floor and clap your hands together. As soon as you land on the floor push off again and repeat. Do atleast 10-15 increase gradually as you get stronger.

It's also a part of plyometric exercises, it will also give you a powerful punch ;D

Ups nearly forgot, do it outside! On grass not on hard surfaces! ALWAYS plyometrics outside in grass, (or that bungy stuff runners run on, but I prefer grass doesn't hurt ones joints as much)

Source(s): ALOT of research. Again, this is common knowledge

You answered your own question. Just do a powerful push...or push with power!

Source(s): Common sense.

put your hands in his chest and push with all your strength and he'll maybe will fall

• Ned

it's called special effects in the movies.