Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

What can i put on my new tattoo to heal it?

I just got a tattoo on friday, and i don't know what to put on it, it keeps getting dry. So what do i put on it?

Uhmm .. your not supposed to put neosporin on a new tattoo!

Can i put cortaid on it.?

Favorite Answer

I use Aquaphor and only for like 2-3 days, because it is said to actually fade the color of the tattoo (i have heard A&D does this also) and then I just use Curel UNSCENTED lotion. I stress the unscented part because if you use a scented lotion on the tattoo it is possible you can irritate the skin and your tattoo might get red bumps over the surface, which will pull up color and the tattoo will fade. So bottom line Aquaphor or A&D for 2-3 days then Curel Unscented lotion (just because it says "Original" doesn't mean it is unscented, check the back of the bottle to make sure).

There are many products out there today that claim to be the next best thing to heal tattoos. I work in a tattoo shop & have many tattoos myself & this is how I heal. Remove your bandage after 2hrs Wash your tattoo (with clean hands) with a fragrance free dye free soap. I like Dial antibacterial in the gold wrapper. Dry thoroughly & apply a thin layer of A&D ointment. Do NOT use bacatracin, Neosporin or vaseline. *If the tattoo looks shiny you are using too much ointment Continue washing & applying A&D 2-3 times a day for the first 3-5 days. On day 5 switch to a fragrance free hand lotion like Curel Everyones healing time differs but you should be fully healed within 2 weeks. As it heals it will flake & scab Do Not pick or scratch your tattoo. Do not apply sunscreen until fully healed. Do Not Swim or Tub Soak, Avoid prolonged shower spray.

this is pretty much the only thing you need.

http://nauhsrc.com/en/products

Step 1: Before the tattoo, starting the day before take the " internal drops" a few drops often up until the very moment of the procedure, will prepare the body and mind, by relaxing and ensuring that you are ready for this. Reducing fear and promoting body relaxing and well as preparing those healing agents for the next day's work.

Step 2: After receiving the tattoo: Directly apply Cream on the tattoo, it will give the tattooed skin an instant healthy and all natural cooling effect, as well as promoting a rapid closure of the perforated skin, securing the tattoo's intended color integrity, and fighting unwanted bacteria from making a home on your skin.

with these two steps, your tattoo should heal within a week! No joke.

anti-allergen. No artificial Chemicals. 100% Honest to goodness.

Aquaphor is the best stuff out there. The others have mentioned no longer than 2-3 days but if your artist did his job right than aquaphor will have it healed in those 2-3 days. It works fast but you only wanna put a light coat on the tattoo and let it sit for a few minutes then get a damp rag/cloth and gently wipe it off. its good to let the tattoo "dry" out but you dont want it getting so dry your skin can crack. so if you feel the tat starting to get that dry just reapply. the smallest jar should last you becase like i said you dont need that much just enough for a light coat. you can normally pick it up at walmart in the Make-up department. Its in a little white plastic jar with a blue lid.

Source(s): My Artist of 6 Years and 15 tatoos later...

Lotion. Water-based is best. Something like Lubriderm. The best thing to do is put on a little lotion whenever it gets dry. Just enough to lightly moisten the area. Don't do too much or else you could spread the ink. Also be careful with ointment (Neosporin, etc.) It tends to heal from underneath so it heals skin before it has time to accept ink.

Source(s): Hope this helps. :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): put tattoo heal it: https://biturl.im/wflzV
  • Start with Aquaphor ointment putting it on as necessary. After 2 days use Lubriderm unscented lotion. Put on 3 times a day.

Triple Antibiotic Ointment (e.g, Neosporin).

Aloe

anti-biotic cream. rub it on.. then dab the excess off.