Due to global temp changes, do you think we'll have an unusually hot summer this year?

...in the Philippines?

Summer in the Philippines starts in March... today.

Favorite Answer

As early as 3 or so weeks ago, I have heard pronouncements from PAGASA that we will have an unusually long and hot summer this year, due to El Nino. That is why even the news organizations have consistently been monitoring and reporting on parched lands, damaged crops, and the low water level of the dams.

It depends on the ocean currents, and the el nino or la nina effect. Despite all of the snow we have had here in the northern hemisphere, January was still the hottest ever on record. Am I mistaken that it can be cool in the Philippines, isn't the temperature there usually quite stable? The Tag-araw may be one more degree C higher I predict. Also I'd be more worried about typhoons than the heat. Hope you guys don't get any more typhoons, but it could be rough.

That's for sure. Temperature can reach 40 deg this summer according to Pagasa.

What im interested to know is whether we're going to have an extended summer due to el nino. Seat sales previously offered by cebu pac (50% off) is tempting. Unfortunately, travel period is past the normal summer months.

We're already experiencing it here in Cebu. The stifling heat drives me batty at times. It's just too hot that every day, I leave the house wearing sunglasses & with a bottle of water.

I'm going to take a guess and say that it will be an unusually cold summer this year.

its always been hot in the philippines.

i think it is going to get drier and hotter this summer..

i sweat just from sitting in front of my laptop

no but i herd your going to have a record breaking hurricane