Laya asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What is intellectual curiosity?

I have always wondered if im an intellectually curious person and so i would like the responses of you all to see if i it the definition of it.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

'Intellectually curious" means you want to know more than the basics or the common knowledge; you want to LEARN so you (and maybe others) can benefit from the knowledge; something to challenge you and make you think about problems and issues, and how to communicate with others about those issues and possibly resolve them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • zeitz
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Intellectual Curiosity

• Shelly
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/KeMYr

hey (((sara))), i think you'll already know what i think :) curiosity and the desire to learn and to explore is paramount. i also think it's easy to feel as if this intellectual curiosity you speak of is scarce when you're roaming the hallways of such a forum. you have to remember, we don't know who is behind each troll, or how many different accounts a user may have, one could very easily be a highly intelligent atheist, passing themselves off as a fundie christian just for fun or a christian trying on the atheist shoe for size, here just to vent, just to poke fun, to illustrate a particular point in the manner of their choosing, how would we know whether if, for example, there was some group with a particular agenda which is clear to them but entirely hidden from those not in the loop? it's the internet, i do not think virtual behaviour can be expected to be a fair or adequate representation of actual behaviour. there is good discussion to be found, there is intelligence, there is kindness, there is integrity, but they navigate alongside all their opposites too (whether they are genuinely opposite or just what is being presented in this anonymous playground) and, yes, sometimes they get a little lost in the fray, a little swamped, a little frustrated but they are here nonetheless. the last thing i would say is that i have been very surprised here, more than once. wisdom can be found in the most unexpected of places...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is intellectual curiosity?

I have always wondered if im an intellectually curious person and so i would like the responses of you all to see if i it the definition of it.

Source(s): intellectual curiosity: https://shortly.im/XPziE
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A desire to learn more about a person, or a thing, or a way of life.

Basically the desire to learn.

But it sort of defines itself doesn't it?

• taylor
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well i'm not sure what it actually is but i googled it and I found this quiz.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=152892244...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.