555 timer display questions and LS93 wiring question?

I have two questions. I am an electrical engineering student and thought that using a 555 timer would be a great way to construct a digital Christmas light mini display that I want to make on my own. My question is do they have big enough IC's to operate 120V so I can output to quite a few LEDS? Or do I need... show more I have two questions. I am an electrical engineering student and thought that using a 555 timer would be a great way to construct a digital Christmas light mini display that I want to make on my own. My question is do they have big enough IC's to operate 120V so I can output to quite a few LEDS? Or do I need to construct a 555 from the basics of inverters, Comparators, and a latch?.

The second question is a little more important right now. I have made a 55 timer to output 1 Hz and I need to take this frequency and input it into a LS93 Motorola decade counter to divide by 16 and 10. I have hooked it up like our text shows, but I am definately not getting 1/16 and 1/10 outputs to my LEDS. DOes anyone have a way to wire this counter to output what I am looking for. The data sheet is at --- electronics-diy.com/download.php?​pdf=74...

Thank you