Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how far ahead or behind of America is Britain? (time)?

Update:

um, im in massachusetts....is there a site that would tell me exactly how different the time zones are?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hawaii and Alaska are also American States so there are at least a couple more time zones.

British Time GMT/UTC- GMT Noon, London

America (Atlantic) AST- GMT -5=7 AM, New York

America (Central) CST- GMT -6=6AM, Des Moines

America (Mountain) MST- GMT -7=5AM, Denver

America (Pacific) PST- GMT -8=4AM, Los Angeles

America (Alaskain) AKST GMT -9=3AM Fairbanks

America )Hawaii-Aluetian Islands) HAST GMT -10=2AM Honolulu

I have not included any American Territories, only States that make up the 50.

SD

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

That rather long post feels ever so much word for word like a cut and paste job from some US politician's speech. I have seen your posts here and there before : if you are indeed American then you do seem like one of those who thinks there really is nothing the USA can ever learn from others because it always does everything right and never needs to change its behaviour. One of those Americans who, as the invasion of Iraq approached in 2003, spoke out in an intimidatory manner against any of your compatriots who had the shocking temerity to criticse your President GWB for what he was doing. America the land of the free? Only if they don't have a dissenting opinion.

• 1 decade ago

Hawaii is GMT-10.

Alaska is GMT-10 or GMT-9.

PST is GMT-8.

MST is GMT-7.

CST is GMT-6.

EST is GMT-5.

Britain is GMT, so America is between 5 and 10 hours behind Britain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.