taylor asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Where can I find a cheaper Siberian Husky at in Illinois?

I've looked everywhere and cant find any under $500.

Can anyone help?

Favorite Answer

Buying a purebred dog under $500 isn't exactly a good idea. The people selling dogs for less than that are producing sub-par animals. You usually get what you pay for when it comes to buying animals. I would be wary of any breeder letting purebreds go for that price.

That not crazy at all. Well bred dogs cost money. If you aren't willing to pay for a dog from a reputable breeder who does health testing, shows in conformation, etc. then you get a dog from a shelter. THe cost of a well bred dog is high because it costs a hell of a lot of money to do all of the appropriate things one does to breed responsibly. None of the breeders I know are making huge profits on their hobby. They are lucky if they break even most times.

• Nikki

for only 500 and under dollars you will only be getting a back yard breeder dog..

if your on a budget then go to shelters or local breed rescues.

a dog from a breeder cost a MINIMUM of about 900-3500 for just pet! and thousands more if the drive is stronger, or if they are show potential.

good luck

A shelter through Pet Finder is your best bet. But also - SIBERIAN HUSKIES ARE THE TOP KNOWN TO ESCAPE AND GET KILLED ON HIGHWAYS! Never keep them in a 4 foot fenced yard. It MUST be 6 feet, PLUS a heavy duty 250+ pound cable, or just the cable alone onto a METAL tight fitted collar that's also thick.

Here are other tips and facts on Huskies: http://www.fluffydogs.com/siberian-husky-dog-breed... and http://dog-care.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_ca...

Best of luck,

Owner of 31 pets, plus our Siberian Oogie!

Shelter.

If you want a healthy purebred of any quality whatsoever, it's going to cost you some money, even if you get it as a pet and not a show dog.

• Hey, I have a Siberian Husky!! She is in my profile picture. Her name is Sasha and she is a pure white husky puppy. Anyways go to www.mush-puppies.com they are $400 and they are in St.Louis. I am in South Carolina, but it is not far away from Chicago. If you go on the website you will see a female red and white husky, her name is Tundra that's my husky puppies mom. And a all white male who's name is Tank that's my puppies daddy. I am pretty sure that they have puppies available NOW.

Colors range from: Pure white, red and white or black and white. With pink or black noses.

Source(s): the reason why their $400 is because that they want to sell the puppies a little cheaper for then the buyer can have the money for shots and the correct food. Thats where I got my Husky

Hi! Try to check this link to find out your perfect dog match.

http://xrl.us/bfgu3h

i agree wait untill one is in a shelter where can i find an akita

Wait until one comes to the shelter, you wont regret it.

I got mine at the shelter for $90.00.