Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What are your favorite Christian song writers and singers? Do you like Michael W. Smith?

What about the Hillsong church in Australia that puts out new songs often? One was "Shout to the Lord."

Favorite Answer

I love listening to praise and worship music, although Michael W. Smith is not one of my favorites. Hillsong is great - there is also Hillsong United and Hillsong London that put out CDs as well (my favorite Hillsong CD is This Is Our God - it's amazing!).

Also good (and in no particular order):

Chris Tomlin

Matt Maher

Matt Redman

Desperation Band

Parachute Band

Peculiar People Band

Jared Anderson

New Life Worship

Gateway Worship

Generation Unleashed

Citipointe Live

Elevation Worship

Unhindered

Steve Fee

Michael Gungor

Kim Walker - JesusCulture

Watermark

Pocket Full of Rocks

If you would like more, just let me know - I could go on for quite a while!

Switch Foot, Relient K, Toby Mac, Michael W Smith, Zoe Girl, Barlow Girl, Jump 5, Big Daddy Weave, CeCe Winans, Casting Crowns, Chris Rice, Britt Nicole, Hillsong, Planet Shakers, Jaci Velasquez, Jars of Clay, Natalie Grant, P.O.D., Point of Grace, Pocket Full of Rocks, David Crowder, Skillet, Third Day.. just to name a few.

I also love, Carman, Petra, David Meece, Keith Green, Rich Mullens, John Michael Talbott, Steve Green, Cathy Tricoli, Glad, Haven Quartet, Sandi Patti, Janet Pascal, Tamila Mann, David Mann, Building 429, Big Daddy Weave, Blue Tree, Josh Wilson,,,, I can go on and on!!! ;)

Thousand Foot Krutch = Best Christian band

• Paul

I like Jeremy Camp, Brandon Heath, Casting Crowns, Third Day, and Mattew West.

I don't like worship music. I like Christian rock: DC Talk, Newsboys, and Jars of Clay. Michael W. Smith is ok. I like "Go West, Young Man" and "Place In This World".

• KDS

You know I was just about to say what you wrote and that is Shout to the Lord. Such an awesome song and it was my Dad's favorite song when he was alive. We sang it at his funeral in his memory. Such a powerful song.

- Third Day

- Josh Groban

- Fred Hammond

- KJ-52

I tend to like older/ country types of Christian songs, although 'Here I am to worship' is one of my faves.

relient k is a Christian band.

I like listening to some of their songs that involve Jesus