My Boyfriend is at BCT in Fort Sill OK, i write & he isn't getting my letters am I writing the address right?

My boyfriend is writing me from BCT and asking me if I am writing and I am writing EVERYDAY. I am wondering if there is something missing in the address.

PFC D****, R**** / F Battery 1st PLT

5955 Rothwell st.

Ft. Sill, OK 73503

please help! thank you!

Favorite Answer

If he really were not getting your letters, you'd be getting them back. He is just not bothering to read them.

Let me be your boyfriend instead! I will read every letter and always write you back!

Pork Patty

1221 Main Street

Lowell, WA 23423

Ok here is the deal. Once he gets there he isn't going to know what address to give you til after he is in reception and is in his battery for basic (Sill uses the term battery instead of battalion). The address really depends on what battery he is in. So wait til after reception (should be a week unless held back for something like needing to be put in fat camp, or whats called a fitness training unit). So just be patient.

I am sure that if you write the address the same way he shows his return address, he will get your letters. It could be that mail is being held up for disciplinary reasons, but I believe this would be highly unusual.

When I was in BCT at Fort Jackson, SC, there was a noticeable delay in us receiving our mail. Sometimes, I think they just took their time delivering the mail to our company, then we had to wait for our Drill Seargents to give them to us.

Then, of course, sometimes our mail got withheld for disciplinary reasons, which wasn't as unusual as you might think. They never did *not* give us our mail at all, sometimes it just took longer.

Good luck!

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Misty

Here is their website if that helps: