? asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

Who is the girl in the current McDonald's Olympics tv ad?

McDonald's currently has a tv ad where a guy walks into a McDs filled with Olympic athletes. Who is the girl he sits down with? What country is she from and what sport does she participate in?

While I suspect that some of the people are actors, J.R. Celski (American short track skater) is in the the commercial which is why I'm curious - actress or athlete.

Thanks for the information. I suspected she was an actress but after recognizing one athlete, I couldn't be sure.

Favorite Answer

Considering that McDonald's used actors to portray athletes in their last batch of Olympics commercials for 2008, it is very unlikely that she was a real Olympian.

UPDATE: According to this report from the Wall Street Journal about the commercial's unveiling, Celski and Paralympian skiier Sean Halsted were the only athletes featured in it. The girl you asked about was an actress, just like originally I said she was.

"Customers will see some of their favorite winter athletes on McDonald's packaging at 15,000 restaurants across the U.S. Graham Watanabe (men's snowboard), Jennifer Rodriguez (women's speedskating), J.R. Celski (men's speedskating), Dustin Byfuglien (men's hockey), Patrick Deneen (men's skiing), Kelly Clark (women's snowboard), Angela Ruggiero (women's ice hockey) and Paralympian Sean Halsted (alpine skiing) will be featured on cups and bags starting February 1. Celski and Halsted also star in the new McDonald's USA Olympic television spot highlighted during the Webcast. "