Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

When Thomas Edison made light was he just stealing God's idea?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hahaha. I'm not sure if you're even looking for an answer, but I'll try to give one anyways.

I guess a believer would say that, instead of Edison "making light," he was just improving on God's invention. (And improving on an existing invention can be patented, btw.) God invented the concept OF light, and Edison made it easier for people to have light at home when the sun had gone down. So no, no one was technically stealing from anybody.

Humorous deduction though.

• 1 decade ago

Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. That's not the same thing as making light. For that you need to go far back in time to when primitive people first discovered how to make fire.

Most likely someone was making a flint tool and noticed that you got sparks when you struck the flint. Then the sparks set fire to some dried leaves or something.

• Ellen
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

God created the resources Edison needed, and He created Edison, therefore, God created light

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What, the ****. Show me where in the Bible God outlines the use of electricity for powering a light globe.

Hell, tell me where God suggests the Light Globe.

Source(s): Logic.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your forget one thing Gazoo he already had finished his creations and adam and eve were the last piece to the puzzle. the only thing He did different was to enforce what he said would happen if you disobey.

i can't see where your going with this science baloney

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yep, and ben franklin was just takin a page out of Zeus's book with the whole lightin bolt thing... : ) loling at chick above me... as if they didnt use candles before that... man..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God made us in his image. Meaning he gave us the ability to create.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think all manufactuerers of lights should pay royalties to god, the flying spaghetti monster.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO because we already know everything was God's creations.

• 1 decade ago

God doesn't mind; He's got millions of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.